Chapter 135

By those words, all eyes fell upon James, everyone at the table staring at him in shock as if none of them had heard him right.

        Jenna moved in closer to Sirius and whispered, "I guess us moving in together doesn't sound too bad now, huh?"

        "You — you want to marry her?" Mr. Potter asked in disbelief, blinking furiously. "But — I don't understand — as if you want to propose?"

       "Yes, Dad, that's pretty much how it works," said James.

       "Look, honey," Mrs. Potter started with a sigh, "we would support you with your decisions, we really would if that's your final thought... but I want you to take a moment and realize how serious this is."

        Sirius grinned and opened his mouth to make his classic joke, but closed it again when Jenna sent him a glare that meant 'now is not the time'.

        "Marriage is not a game," said Mrs. Potter softly. "You guys are only eighteen, and not to mention haven't been going out for even a year. This is something you must put more thought into."

        "Well, I'm not going to ask her now," said James, trying to reason with his parents. "I was thinking either on our anniversary or on Christmas eve, which both are at least five month away from now. And when I propose, it's not like we're going to get married right away. We'll probably be nineteen until we do."

         "Yes, but what's the rush?" asked Mr. Potter apprehensively. "You have all your life for marriage and kids. Why can't you wait a few more years?"

        "Tomorrow's not promised." James muttered after a short pause, looking down. "When you love someone and they love you... what's the point in waiting?"

       The two parents turned to look at each other, both probably thinking about the same thing. But before Mrs. Potter could open her mouth to speak, Mr. Potter beat her into it and turned on James sharply, blurting out,

"She's not pregnant, is she?"

"Fleamont!" Mrs. Potter scolded but James only laughed, shaking his head.

"Oh, all right, all right!" Mr. Potter finally said in defeat and then sighed, leaning back in his seat. "Fine... you have my blessing. Both of you."

"Wait, both of us?" said Jenna, smiling broadly. "Sirius and I can move in together?"

"Sure, you're all adults now, as you said." Mr. Potter shrugged. "Also, Mia here looks like she would murder me if I protested any longer."

"True." Mrs. Potter smiled, before turning to face James. "Just don't get too heartbroken if she says no. It might seem too soon for her, after all."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Potter," said Sirius with a grin, shaking a hand at her reassuringly. "James is far used to hearing 'no' by now. I think he can handle one more."

"Haha," said James blankly, glaring at Sirius who only kept on smirking. "Well, I have a feeling she won't say no this time. I can just feel it."

***

From then on, Jenna had a hard time stopping herself from grabbing a parchment and quill, and writing to her friends about James's plan.

Although her brother was quick to stop her, worried that someone would at some point accidentally let it slip. Jenna assumed that by 'someone' he meant Marlene.

But all was soon forgotten when the moving day began and Jenna only just started packing, even though her mother was reminding her to do it for the past week.

        But with the help of Sirius and their house elf, Mickey, they got the packing done in a few short hours and at night, Jenna had completely moved in Sirius's flat.

       "Ah... finally." Jenna sighed to herself after a tiring day, dropping herself down on their shared bed, closing her eyes in relaxation. "I can sleep for two days straight now if you don't stop me."

       Sirius grinned, getting onto the bed and laying next to her, hoisting himself up on one elbow to look at her.

        "Then I better stop you, because I had other ideas in my mind, in which we wouldn't be sleeping too much."

      Jenna chuckled, shaking her head at him. "But it's been a long day... I can't even move my hands."

       "You don't really have to —"

       "Sirius!"

       He laughed. "Oh c'mon, Jenny. Moving days are supposed to be fun."

      "Let's wait until you have a daughter of your own. We'll see if you still think moving days are fun then."

      "Yeah, right," Sirius scoffed, "as if I'm ever gonna let our daughter move in with a guy."

       Jenna found herself smiling at that. "Our daughter?"

       "Wha — I-I mean — not unless  — maybe some day — way down the road —"

      "Sirius, it's fine. I was just kidding." Jenna giggled. "You don't have to get uncomfortable about it if you don't want things like this. I've known you for many year and I always actually did assume that you might not be the type of guy who wants to start a family, unlike James. And to be honest, I never saw myself with a kid so soon either, at this age."

       But unlike her expectations, Sirius's face fell by those words as he looked away sadly. "Oh... right..."

       "I-I mean right now," Jenna briskly corrected herself when she saw the look on Sirius's face. "We're at war, you know... If anything happens to either of us — and we have a child — what would happen to him?"

       "Him?" Sirius repeated with a grin. "Who said it is going be a him?"

       "Dunno." Jenna shrugged, returning the smile. "I kinda have a feeling that if years from now I had a kid, it'd be a boy."

      "Hmm... I'm pretty sure it'll be a little girl."

       "Wanna bet?" Jenna gave him a challenging look which Sirius could never turn down.

       "All right," he said slyly. "On how much are we betting?"

       "How about five Galleons?"

       "Deal," Sirius whispered with a smile, leaning forward and kissing Jenna deeply, pushing her further down into the bed as they lost themselves to the moment.