Chapter 141

Author's Note

'Potter' just hit 1 million views! Thank you guys so much! I honestly couldn't have gotten this far without your support!

***

After that horrifying event, the four returned to their houses hastily, all windswept but not hurt.

James obviously didn't let Lily to go back along to her home alone, and insisted that she should stay at his house in the guest room for the time being. Once Mr. and Mrs. Potter convinced Lily, she finally left to their household, leaving Sirius and Jenna in their flat.

After the attack, none of the two had uttered a single word, still too shocked to speak. They just went back to bed, neither being able to fall asleep as they laid there with their backs turned to one another.

"Sirius?" Jenna whispered while she slept on her side, staring ahead at the wall before her. "You still awake?"

"Yeah," Sirius muttered in a small voice after a short pause.

"James said they had tried to get to you too." She then hoisted herself up on her elbows, turning to look at him through the darkness of the room. "I'm — I'm just glad that you're both all right."

But Sirius didn't answer. He didn't even turn to look at her.

"Sirius?" Jenna asked, leaning slightly forward to place a hand gently on his arm, but Sirius jerked it away as he stood up from the bed.

       Jenna frowned in confusion, watching him go into the bathroom as he opened the sink, splashing water to his face.

        Worriedly, Jenna got off the bed and went toward him silently. Sirius had now placed his hands upon the sink's counter and closed his eyes, breathing heavily.

        "Is everything okay?" Jenna asked quietly, leaning against the bathroom's doorframe, watching him anxiously.

       "No," Sirius muttered, shaking his head. "It's not okay. None of this is okay."

        "But we escaped. We're fine —"

        "Yeah, but what if James and I hadn't come?" Sirius said sharply, finally turning to look at her. "And who says this is going to be their last time approaching us like that? They will try and try to get us on their side, and once we make it final, they won't rest until they kill us."

        "W-well, then we should be more careful," Jenna tried to reason calmly. "We have to accept that our times of going out for fun is over. Other than the order meetings or missions, you mustn't be going out recklessly —"

         "It's not me I'm worried about, Jenna, it's you!" Sirius shouted, causing her to take aback.

       He then sighed to himself miserably, running a hand across his face as he stared away from her.

        "If — if I hadn't arrived in time — I — I don't even want to think about what would've happened to you," Sirius said through the silence, still avoiding her gaze. "I shouldn't have left in the first place. It's my fault... All my fault."

       "Sirius, you need to stop beating yourself up for everything that happens around you. Stop blaming yourself for what they have done!"

        But when Sirius remained silent again, Jenna shook her head and then walked toward him, bringing him into a warm hug.

        Sirius hesitated at first, but then finally melted into it and wrapped his arms around her protectively, embracing her and bringing her closer to his chest.