Chapter 139

Jenna stared between the motorbike and Sirius, who was wearing a smug expression on his face.

"This is the coolest thing I've ever seen!" Jenna exclaimed, moving closer the the motorbike, which also had a sidecar.

"Yeah, isn't she beautiful?" Sirius sighed as he gazed at his bike admirably, causing Jenna to give him a look.

"She?" Jenna repeated with a chuckle.

"Well, of course!" Sirius grinned. "I was also thinking about giving her a name. Something badass."

"Hmm... How about Rogue?"

"Nah... I was thinking something in the lines of 'Bathsheba'."

Jenna stared at him blankly. "You should never be allowed to name a child." Sirius laughed.

"And do you know what's more awesome about the bike?" he said.

"What?"

"It flies."

"Wha — you're kidding! That's awesome!"

"Oh, but it gets cooler, Jenny." With that, he dug into a shopping bag that was on the ground next to the bike, and took a leather jacket out of it, wearing it. "Well? What do you think? Do I look hot or what?"

Jenna looked him up and down, pursing her lips together until she finally said, "No. But you do look like a jackass."

"Hey!"

Jenna laughed, walking toward the motorcycle to have a closer look at it, before sitting on it.

"Woah, woah! What do you think you're doing, Jenny?" said Sirius.

"Going for a ride!" she said, smirking. "Hop on."

"Yeah... no. Get off. I'm not letting anyone ride that other than myself."

"Why not?"

"Because I say so."

And before Jenna could protest, Sirius had gone forward and wrapped his arms around Jenna's waist from behind, picking her up and dragging her away from the bike.

"Now," said Sirius, rubbing his hands together in glee, "why don't I take you for a ride, Kitten?"

"Ugh, fine." Jenna rolled her eyes. "But I'm not sitting in the sidecar. I'm sitting behind you."

"Why?" Sirius grinned arrogantly. "Want to hold on to me, Jenny?"

"No. It's because that thing looks like it's gonna fall off any second."

Sirius shook his head. "Excuses, excuses."

After Jenna had gone back in the house to get her wand and closed the door, she got back outside while putting her long hair into a ponytail and turning her hair color black to match her clothes.

Sirius smirked at her as she walked toward him, sitting behind him. "Hello there, sexy."

"Oh, just go." Jenna smiled, wrapping her arms around him and so still grinning, Sirius started the motorbike's engine with a loud uproar and speeded on.

"Ready to take off, Jenny!?" Sirius called loudly over the loud sound of wind as they drove on fast.

"Yeah!" said Jenna, tightening her hold on Sirius. And so with that, the motorbike suddenly reared upward and shot through the night sky.

Jenna laughed, feeling her heartbeat pick up with excitement. "Go faster!"

Sirius snorted and turned to look at Jenna with a cheeky grin.

She smacked him on the back of his head. "Eyes on the freaking sky, Black!"

***

After what felt like ages, Jenna and Sirius returned to their flat, flushed and laughing after a long ride.

"Well, that was fun." Jenna let out a breath, dropping herself down on the couch in their living room. But she frowned when she saw Sirius taking out his wand. "What are you doing?"

"Sending James a Patronus to tell him about my new bike," he answered cheerfully. "He would wanna see it."

"Sirius, sending Patronuses is for urgent messages."

"I've bought a freaking motorbike, Jenny. This is urgent."

Knowing that there was nothing she could do to stop the stubborn boy, she let the matter go and let Sirius call James over.

Mr. and Mrs. Potter had disconnected their house's Floo Network for more safety, so Apparition was the easiest way to visit.

Not twenty minutes had passed that there was a knock at their door. When they opened it up, they greeted Lily and James, who had both come together, seeing as Lily was at the Potter Manor at the time.

"Did you see the bike parked outside, Prongs?" Sirius asked James with a proud grin.

"Coolest thing you've ever bought in your life, Padfoot. I'll give you that." said James, clapping a hand behind Sirius's shoulder. "Let's take it for a ride then, shall we?"

"Now?" Lily raised her brow at them. "Don't you wanna have dinner first?"

"Dinner can wait, Lily," said Sirius, wearing his black leather jacket again. The weather had already gotten cold, even though they were still in the middle of September.

"It's okay, Lily-Flower," said James with a smile, pecking her on the lips, "we'll be back before you can say 'James'." And then with one last wink at her, he left the flat along with Sirius.

Lily shook her head at them when they closed the house's door and sighed. "These boys... I swear."

Jenna chuckled. "Well, how about you and I got for a walk as well? I feel like we haven't seen each other for ages."

"We saw each other two weeks ago, Jen." Lily giggled. "But I do think we have a lot of catching up to do."

So with that, the two girls left the house and Jenna got a hold of Lily's upper arm as they strolled down the empty and quiet village, under the shimmering moonlight.

"You know, James has completely let go of his ambition of becoming an Auror," said Lily, a hint of sadness in her voice. "He wants to be a full-time member of the Order."

"Yeah, so does Sirius." Jenna nodded. "And in a way... so do I."

"Well, you and Marlene never really had planned much about what you wanted to do much after Hogwarts, anyways. But I thought about it and realized that my plans for becoming a Healer could wait."

"But Alice is only participating in the Order half-time," Jenna stated. "She's already been asked to join the Aurors' department as a trainee."

"Woah, really?"

"Yeah. Mum told me. And turns out, she's amazing. Knows exactly what she's doing."

"Of course she does." Lily smiled proudly. "I didn't expect anything less from our cinnamon role."

         "Badass cinnamon role," Jenna corrected her and so they both giggled.

        "James says Dumbledore has agreed to have Frank Longbottom join as well," said Lily. "Him and Al make a good couple. She actually said —"

But Lily never got to finish her sentence. Instead, they came to a halt when they heard a crashing sound from nearby, stopping in their tracks. They quickly drew out their wands, looking around alarmed.

And then, out of the darkness of an alleyway nearby, they saw three dark masked figures walking toward them.

"Well, well... look what we have here."