Chapter 127

The sun was almost out when Fleamont and Euphemia Potter arrived home at twilight, walking inside the silent halls.

But the moment they got into the living room, their eyes widened when they saw Jenna and Sirius laying down on the couch in each other's arms, sound asleep.

"What are y — hmph!" Fleamont was saying, but he was stopped when Euphemia sprang forward and clasped her hands over his mouth, muffling out his voice.

"Shh! Be quiet!" Mrs. Potter whispered, still holding her hands against his mouth as she watched the couple admirably. "Look how adorable they look."

Mr. Potter shot her a glare sideways and she finally let go with a smile. She gave him a warning look, as if to tell him not to make a sound to wake them.

So with that, they walked into the kitchen to have some breakfast, seeing as they didn't have dinner last night either, too busy trying to track down Death Eaters.

They were more exhausted than ever before as they started eating in silence, too worn out to even talk to one another.

After they were done with breakfast, Fleamont got up to put his plate in the sink, but accidentally on purpose, he dropped it too the floor, breaking it with a loud bang.

"Oops," he said flatly as Jenna and Sirius jumped awake. Mrs. Potter turned to glare at him. "What? It slipped!"

She rolled her eyes with a sigh before they walked into the living room where Jenna and Sirius were both now off the couch, looking around in shock and confusion.

"Well, now that everyone's awake," Mr. Potter started, folding his arms as he looked at them, "can someone explain what's going on here?"

       "Er..." Jenna cleared her throat. "Well, Sirius came to visit last night."

        "You don't say," said Mr. Potter through gritted teeth, his eyes falling on Sirius.

        "We're glad you came, Sirius," said Mrs. Potter, going forward to give him a quick hug. "It's Sunday, anyway. You were supposed to come in a few hours either way. So how about some breakfast?"

       "Er... yes, that would great. Thank you." Sirius nodded with a smile.

        So with that, Jenna took a hold of his hand and followed Mrs. Potter back to the kitchen, trying to ignore her dad's eyes.

       "Do either of you two kids know when James will come?" asked Mrs. Potter as she gave her wand a wave and set the breakfast table.

       "No, he didn't say anything." Jenna shrugged, helping herself to pancakes and placed them on her plate.

       After a few hours, James finally showed in time for lunch while they had again gathered in the kitchen, looking tired with his jet-black hair messier than ever and his tux worn untidily.

       "Hey," James waved at them unenthusiastically as he entered the kitchen, going straight for the food, but Mrs. Potter slapped his hand away.

       "Wait until it's served," she said and James rolled his eyes, grumpily sitting down behind the small kitchen table.

        "Woah, what's with the attitude, Prongs?" Sirius asked with a smirk, laying back coolly in his chair.

        "Did something go wrong at the wedding?" Jenna asked.

       "Nah," James let out a sigh, "I mean, Mr. and Mrs. Evans were lovely people... it's just that... well... the Dursleys are a bunch of cows!" he finally blurted out.

       "James!" Mrs. Potter scolded him in a warning tone.

        "Trust me, I'm going easy on them when I call them cows," said James with a scoff.

       "What did they do?" Jenna said with a chuckle as Sirius laughed.

        "It's not what they did in specific, it's their whole existence that bothered me."

      They all laughed but Mrs. Potter shot him a glare. "You can't just hate people blindly."

       "It wasn't blindly! They treated people horribly!" James retorted. "And don't even get me started on Petunia! Of course, I'm never going to tell Lily my thoughts about them. But you had to see them! You'd think they were Merlin, the way they behaved, acting like they were the most important people in the world."

       "Okay, enough," said Mrs. Potter, holding, suppressing a grin. "Jenna, go call down your father for lunch."

       "Ugh, why me?" Jenna groaned to herself.

         "Because I say so," Mrs. Potter said firmly.

       "Fine," Jenna mumbled before yelling, "DAD! LUNCH!"

       Mrs. Potter gave her a look as James and Sirius sniggered. "I could've done that myself."

***

For the rest of the day, Sirius and Jenna went up to James's room, copying his homework which James had already done, too lazy to do it on their own.

       But soon, James passed out from exhaustion on his bed as Jenna and Sirius went on writing down their homework.

       "I really don't wanna go home tonight," said Sirius with a sigh after he finally put his quill down, leaning against the bed while sitting on the floor.

        "Then don't." Jenna shrugged, almost done with her Charms essay.

        James was a heavy sleeper and he was already snoring, which meant that there was no chance he could hear them as they talked.

       "But then I wouldn't want to leave the day after that," said Sirius moodily. "It's just that... it feels too lonely when I'm in my own house."

       "What?" Jenna looked up at him. "I thought you liked your flat. Don't you remember how excited you were when you wanted to move?"

         "Yeah, but that was because I thought you were going to move in with me."

        "Well, there's only a few months left and then we'll be finally out of Hogwarts." Jenna gave a sad smile.

        Sirius scoffed. "What good will that do if you'll be gone soon after that?"

      "Shh!" Jenna said sharply, gesturing at James who was sound asleep behind them on the bed.

        "Don't worry about him," Sirius said with a grin. "He wouldn't wake up even if you dropped a Dungbomb on his head."

        Jenna chuckled, moving closer to Sirius to place a small kiss on his cheek. "It'll all be over soon. I promise."

       But instead of answering, Sirius wrapped his arms around her and dragged him into his chest with a grin.

         "Well, the joke's on Dumbledore, because I'm not letting you go," said Sirius jokingly, making Jenna laugh.

        "Damn, I knew I shouldn't have told you anything," she said with a playful smile, leaning forward to peck Sirius on the lips. But they jerked apart from each other when James let out a loud sudden snore from behind them.