Chapter 80

"Hang on," Marlene started after Jenna explained everything that had happened. "He told you that he loved you?"

      "Yeah." Jenna nodded, smiling shyly.

      "Wow..." Lily smiled at her warmly, looking impressed. "I'm so happy for the two of you, Jen! This is wonderful!"

       "Well, that's kinda understandable, isn't it?" said Marlene, causing everyone to turn on her. "Of course Black would this easily become attached to someone and start to love her this quickly."

      "Care to explain?" Jenna raised a brow at her.

      "Isn't it obvious?" she smirked. "It's because of all his mommy issues."

      "Marlene!" Lily said in warning tone, gasping.

      "I said what I said and I mean it!" said Marlene firmly, folding her arms.

       "So are two together together? Like actually boyfriend and girlfriend now?" Alice asked, a hopeful glimmer in her eyes.

      "Yeah." Jenna giggled. "I really don't know how it happened so fast, really. But we were actually supposed to keep it a secret."

      "Why?" Lily asked.

      "Because of James! Look, he's gonna flip out if he finds out. So can you guys just... keep it quiet?"

      By those words, all heads turned on Malrene.

      "Hey! I can keep a secret if I want!" she retorted, making the rest of them chuckle.

      "But he will find out eventually, Jen," said Lily. "Wouldn't it be better if he heard it from you?"

       "Maybe..." Jenna shrugged. "But I'm gonna let future Jenna deal with it. For now, I'm just going to enjoy the moment while it lasts. You know... before James finds out and runs after Sirius and I with a blade."

       "Oh, well..." Alice sighed in glee. "That's one down, one more to go."

***

The next day, none of the four girls knew how they came to be late for Charms class.

      Maybe it was because Marlene had spilled her drink all over her clothes at lunch and forced them all to accompany her to the common room so she could change in the dorm.

      Or perhaps it was because of the mayhem Peeves had caused on the second floor by throwing water bombs at first years, causing Lily to go and call Professor McGonagall on him.

      But as they now had only ten minutes to the start of their class and the four girls were at the other side of the castle, they ran for it to get there in time.

       "Lily — not — so — fast!" Marlene panted heavily, trying to catch up with Lily's quick pace, as she was the most anxious one to get to class on time.

But Lily didn't seem to hear Marlene as they were running, trying not to hurtle into a wall as they turned over corridor after corridor.

But Jenna gave a small yelp as her bag suddenly got torn apart for no reason, causing all her book to fall out of it.

      But the three girls didn't seem to have noticed as they kept on running and finally disappearing out of sight.

Confused, Jenna cursed under her breath and turned around to pick her things up.

       But before she could even bend down, out of nowhere a hand grabbed onto her arm, pulling her into a broom closet near by. Jenna gasped as the person then slammed the door shut and pinned her against it.