Chapter 68

Hastily, Jenna started opening up the letter, her heartbeat speeding up as she did so. And so she read inside,

Dear Miss Potter,

I hope this letter finds you well. I'm sending this in regard to the request I had asked of you a few months back.

As you know, the new term is about to start in no time and I wish you to send me your reply before the first of September.

It is completely understandable if you decide to turn down the job, for I know you would have to risk everything to accept it, even your life. But we are at war and I'm sure the Wizarding world needs people like you.

But whether you agree to take it on or not, I once again must ask you to keep the details of our conversation to yourself, until the time is right.

Sincerely yours,
Albus Dumbledore

"What do you got there?" Jenna gave a yelp at the voice and abruptly turned around, seeing Lily standing by the doorway.

"Er... nothing," said Jenna hastily, stuffing the letter under her pillow. "You sure you don't want to play Quidditch with us?"

"Yeah," Lily nodded. "Flying isn't really my thing."

     "Well, flying is definitely a thing in my family, as you have obviously noticed," said Jenna with grin.

     "Yeah, I noticed." Lily giggled. "Did your parents play when they were younger?"

     "At Hogwarts, yeah." She nodded. "Dad was a Beater and Mum a Chaser."

Soon, after both girls had changed out of their old clothes, they went downstairs and into the yard, where everyone else was gathered and eight brooms were laying around on the green grass.

"Aren't you worried that Muggles will see you?" Lily asked, anxiously looking around.

"Nah," Jenna shook her head reassuringly. "The village is far away. Besides, we have loads of enchantments around the house."

"Alright, then," said Mr. Potter, raising his arm and so the broomstick flew right up and he grabbed it with his hand smoothly. "Should we start?"

"Yes, yes," Mrs. Potter grinned. "I'll take Jenna, Marlene, and Alice."

"Girls against boys?" Mr. Potter grinned mockingly. "Trying to act tough, are we?"

"Not acting, darling," Mrs. Potter smirked back. "We are tough."

They had agreed not to use a snitch and only play until one of the teams had scored fifty points. They were to play only with a Quaffle and a Bludger, each team having two chasers, one beater, and one keeper.

In Mr. Potter's team, he himself was the Beater and so he appointed Sirius as Keeper meanwhile James and Remus were both Chasers.

Mrs. Potter was the chaser of her team along with Marlene, but she was trying to decide on Alice and Jenna, and which to make Keeper and the other Beater.

"I think I can do better on Keeper," said Jenna. "My reflexes are quicker, playing the Seeker all these years."

"But that would mean Alice's gonna be the beater..." said Marlene hesitantly.

"I can do it." Alice shrugged.

"But it's... you know..." Jenna wanted to say that Alice was too soft to want to hurt people with a bat and an angry Bludger, and to knock players off their broom.

But before she could make out the words, Marlene beat her into it and said, "Beater's more of a badass spot, Al. And you're a cinnamon role."

"It's alright," Alice said again, smiling brightly as she took the bat from Mrs. Potter. "I can do it."

Mr. Potter took out his wand and with a wave of it, the hoops appeared on either side of the yard and soon, the match started as they mounted their brooms and shot up to the sky as Lily and Peter watched them.

Mrs. Potter and James were way better than Remus and Marlene as Chasers, which made the game more fair.

Both Sirius and Jenna were doing a good job as Keepers, despite the fact that neither of them had done it before.

Fleamont tried to knock his wife off her broom on several occasion with the Bludger, but she successfully dodged it each time.

The game soon ran up to forty points for each team, making them equal, which meant the next team to goal would win the match.

The Quaffle soon fell into Marlene's hands and she held on tight to her broom, flying across the field and towards where Sirius was ready by the hoops to block her shot.

Fleamont soon flew toward a Bludger raging on nearby and raised his bat, hitting it and sending it towards Marlene, to stop her from scoring.

Everyone was sure it would hit her, even Marlene herself, as she closed her eyes but readied herself to throw the Quaffle before it could hit her.

But the pain and the Bludger never came onto her as Alice flew by in a quick motion and with a rough jerk of her bat, sent the Bludger flying over Sirius and knocked him off his broom.

Marlene took the chance and threw the Quaffle, scoring them ten more points and winning the match for the girls.

But no one cheered on as if they hadn't noticed this, as they stared at Alice with widened eyes, shocked.

Alice, who was now blushing furiously, smiled goofily and shrugged, saying, "Told you I could be a badass."