Chapter 85

Sirius and Jenna turned around as Peter called after them, looking at the two with curiosity. But now everyone else had their eyes on them as well.

      "Yeah," James nodded in agreement. "Where are you going?"

      "Going to get our Butterbeer," said Jenna briskly after her and Sirius shared a look. "Madam Rosmerta must have our orders ready by now."

      "It's alright," Remus shrugged. "She always brings them herself."

      "Yeah, but we're eight this time," Sirius reasoned and then grinned, saying, "I'm trying to be a gentleman and help her with them."

       "Cool, then I'll come too," said James, getting up to his feet and walking toward the counter where Madam Rosmerta was pouring them the Butterbeer.

      "Great plan," Jenna muttered grimly to Sirius as they made their way across the place.

       "It wasn't my fault Wormtail sold us out!" he retorted, shaking his head as they reached James.

      They all took two drinks in hand and brought them back to their table, passing them around and sitting down themselves.

      "They are spreading, you know," said James, glaring at the door as it opened and Avery and Mulciber walked inside, along with Snape and Theodor Nott. "You-Know-Who's followers, I mean."

      "But why are there so many of them?" asked Alice, frowning. "How could he have gained these many followers?"

       "It's not just about his followers," said Sirius, staring down at his drink coldly. "It's his supporters too."

       "I don't understand," Marlene interrupted. "What's the difference?"

      "His followers are the Death Eaters," Jenna started explaining, "but his supporters are people who believe in his idea that blood purity is all that matters."

      "Even my parents thought so," said Sirius bitterly. "They think he has the right idea in mind."

       "Right idea?" Lily repeated in disbelief, scoffing. "It's horrifying... blaming someone for being born the way they did and killing them for what they are..."

      Her voice trailed off and her gaze fell down, an expression of worry coming through her face.

      At that table, Lily was the only one who was a Muggleborn and therefore had the most reason to be afraid of the war.

       "Hey," James nudged her gently on the arm with his elbow, smiling warmly at her. "You don't have to worry."

      "How can I not?" she said in a small weak voice, avoiding his gaze.

       "Because whoever wants to get to you, has to go through us first."

       At those words, Lily finally looked up at him, a small smile playing at the edge of her lips. "Right... thank you," she whispered.

***

By the time the next full moon shone upon the grounds of Hogwarts, Jenna couldn't join the Marauders in accompanying Remus, because she had a lesson on the same night with Dumbledore and she couldn't tell him the truth.

But that also raised questions from the boys, which didn't make things easier.

"But why can't you come this time?" James frowned as they sat in the common room that night.

"You know... just... girl problems," said Jenna, shrugging casually.

By those words, the color drained from the three boys' faces as they quickly got to their feet nervously.

"Alright then — we'll — we'll just leave you to it then — I-I guess..." said James awkwardly and with that, they immediately left the common room.

Jenna laughed to herself, shaking her head and muttered under her breath, "Boys, I swear..."

***

To add up to the pressure of her Occlumency lessons, the teachers started giving more homework than ever as the month proceeded and Jenna had to even fit her Quidditch practices in her tight schedule.

     But as November arrived and Gryffindor won the first match, Jenna felt at ease and was filled with happiness once again.

     It didn't matter how many times they won a game, but James and Sirius always insisted on throwing a party in the common room afterward.

     "Aren't you getting sick of these parties?" Jenna asked Sirius as they stood in the corner, watching the dancing crowd.

       Sirius gasped dramatically, as if personally offended. "Never!"

      "Look at those two," she said, watching James and Lily in the middle of a conversation on the other side of the room. "Good to know they are finally talking to each other without Lily cursing him off."

      "How long do you think it's gonna take Prongs to screw up and for Evans to hex him?" said Sirius with a grin.

      "Dunno... they look pretty civil from where I'm standing." She shrugged.

        "Well, how about you don't stand there," Sirius started cheekily, turning to look at her, "and instead join me upstairs?"

        "In your dorm?" Jenna raised a brow at him suspiciously. "What exactly do you have in mind, Mr. Black? Cause from the look in your eyes, I can tell it's nothing innocent."

       "Now, now, Jenny," he started charmingly, "it's not right to assume only those things of me. I'm not a dog."

       "I beg you to differ."

       Sirius laughed, shaking his head at her. But his smile faded as she turned to look over at James.

       "Don't worry," he said, placing a strand of her blue hair behind her ear. "I'll lock the doors," he whispered in her ear with a wink.

      Jenna only chuckled and then smiled, not knowing what to say as Sirius left her side, walking upstairs toward the boy's dormitory.

      After long seconds, Jenna started walking across the room as well, looking around to make sure that none of the other boys were watching her like the last time they had tried to sneak off.

      Still aware of her surroundings, Jenna reached the sixth year boy's dorm and slowly slid the door open.

      "Took you long enough," said Sirius mockingly, walking toward her with his lips curling up into a grin as Jenna closed the door behind her.

       Sirius then took out his wand and pointed it at the door's lock, saying, "Colloportu —"

       But before he could say the full spell, Jenna leaped forward and brought him into a kiss.

      Smiling against her lips, Sirius wrapped his arms around her waist and started walking on, causing Jenna to take steps backwards until her back hit the wall nearby.

She felt tingles where his hands held onto her, her heartbeat speeding up by each passing moment.

      But not two minutes later, the door behind them suddenly opened before they could get the chance to move away from each other.

        "Hey, Padfoot, have you seen my — WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!?"