Chapter 137

It was just another day at Sirius and Jenna's flat. It started off by a small argument about how Sirius would take all the space in bed, but things smoothed over after Jenna took a quick shower and came out.

Although as they were clearing out the kitchen table after breakfast, they came upon something odd.

All of a sudden out of nowhere, a silvery light shot through their window, catching them off guard and making them jump.

The light appeared to be the Patronus of a graceful phoenix. But the next moment they were even more surprised when the phoenix opened its mouth and said in Dumbledore's voice,

"An Order meeting is being held today, at one p.m."

And then, just as soon as it had all happened, the Patronus vanished from their kitchen, leaving Sirius and Jenna dazed for some while.

Dumbledore had told them all where the headquarters for the Order was the day before they had left Hogwarts, and now they were called to their first meeting.

Until around one o'clock, Sirius and Jenna talked about nothing but the Order, no idea who and what to expect when they got there.

Would they be asked to go on a mission and track down Death Eaters? Would they learn about the secret movements of Lord Voldemort?

But their excitement picked up when it was finally time for them to leave. So taking one another's hand, Sirius and Jenna Apparated outside the address which Dumbledore had given them before.

As instructed, they thought of the password they were given and no sooner than they had thought of it, an old looking house started to appear between two others, catching them off guard.

"What is this place?" Jenna mused, staring at the house.

"No idea," Sirius whispered and with that, the two of them walked toward the house and got inside.

The moment they entered it, they came upon an enormous yet dusty hall with large windows and dark colored curtains.

In the middle of the hall, there was a large table set, many people sitting around it, arguing as a few others stood on their feet, listening and nodding or shaking their heads every once in a while.

"Ah, and here are our two other new members!" Dumbledore said cheerfully as he spotted Sirius and Jenna, causing everyone to go quiet. "Please, do come in! Join us!"

They smiled at their friends who were already there, including Lily and James, Alice, and Remus. Marlene and Peter joined them as well in a few minutes.

But James and Jenna took aback when the doors opened and their parents walked inside, even though they already knew they were part of the Order.

"Sorry we are late, we —" Mr. Potter was saying, but he stopped dead in his tracks the moment he caught sight of his kids and their friends. He the turned to his wife, whispering, "Are we in the right place?"

But Mrs. Potter ignored him as she turned to face Dumbledore sharply. "What's the meaning of all this, Albus? You're recruiting kids now!?"

"They are not kids anymore, Euphemia, and you're very well aware of that," Dumbledore said gently. "They are adults. They can decide for themselves."

"Well, it couldn't have been themselves all alone! Someone had to invite them, didn't they!?" Mrs. Potter said pointedly, glaring at Dumbledore.

"Mum, it's all right," James said calmly. "We want to be here. This was our choice. We had the option to say no."

"Yes, but —"

"And didn't you always say we would make good Aurors like you and Dad?" said Jenna.

"Yes, but that was before! Things are worse now!" Mrs. Potter protested. "It's more dangerous!"

"Which gives us more reason to want to help," said James.

"This is our fight too," said Jenna.

       Mrs. Potter then turned to face her husband, saying, "Back me up here, Fleamont!"

But he said nothing.

"Fleamont!"

"W-well — they're old enough—"

"Oh, you protest when they want to move in together, but now you're silent?"

"This is their choice, Euphemia," said Dumbledore.

That seemed to silence their parents, but neither seemed happy with this decision, yet decided not to say anything.

Dumbledore smiled, "Well, now that that's settled —"

"If I may intrude, Dumbledore," said a harsh voice, which belonged to none other than Alastor Moody, "I, as well, think that asking a bunch of seventeen year olds to join was thoughtless of you."

"We're eighteen, actually — ow!" Sirius was saying, but Jenna kicked him under the table to silence him.

"We're prepared to do whatever it takes," said James firmly, looking dead into Moody's eyes.

"Oh, yes, I'm sure." Moody nodded, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "Yes, you're prepared to fight. And yes, you're prepared to die. But here's the real question," he stood up to his feet, his eyes traveling between the eight Gryffindors, before whispering darkly, "are you prepared to kill?"

A silence fell among the room as all eyes fell upon the new members, who remained quiet, glancing at each other apprehensively.

"I thought so," Moody snarled. "This isn't like the fights you used to pick in the corridors. You can't defeat the Death Eaters by using the Jelly Legs Jinx on them. This is a war. And if you want to get involved, if you want to survive, you must be willing to do whatever it takes. Because once you join, there's no going back."

"They're already aware that, Alastor," said Dumbledore calmly. "They already know that the moment they officially join, the Death Eaters will try to track them down."

        There was a small pause, before the eight young witches and wizards nodded.

"All right, then," said Moody, "if they're prepared... then we mustn't waste time. Let's get started."