-48-

I rasped my knuckled on the wood of the door gently.

"Come in." Said gruff voice followed with heavy wet coughing.

I opened the door and stepped in.

The room only had one bed and a bedside table with a small dresser and that's it, I closed it behind me.

"Am I seeing things?" He whispered, his hair grey from age and beard too.

"No I am as real as you father." I said, walking over and sitting on the small stool by the bed, taking his reaching out hand into both of mine.

"No I must be dreaming, such old coot as myself can't have such a princess as a daughter." I chuckled softly.

"You aren't dreaming, I am here, flesh and blood." I set his hand on my cheek, not on the scarred side as it was still a bit sore. "I am here, I came to see you, like you wanted remember?"

"Ah yes, you did come." He gently lifted his other hand which I grabbed and guided to my other cheek despite what pain I just mentioned, letting him hold me face with my help, callous thumbs rubbing over my skin. "Yeah, you did come." He repeated.

"Of course father, this is much better than Betelwan carrying letters between us isn't it? Face to face." I said, my voice soft as I pulled his hands away and kept one on my knee with mine over it. "And I am no princess father."

"Ah yes yes that court thingy whatchamacallit?"

"Court mage father, court mage."

"Oh so you must be that silver dragon lady."

"I sure am, my hair and eye never changed."

"They better not or with my fucked eyes I won't be able to recognize your beautiful face, don't you work? your hands are so smooth."

"I am like a noble with magic father, I do not work to soils nor in the kitchens, I learn to fight and magic."

"Oooh you a dangerous lady." I laughed softly.

"If you put it that way yes."

"So what good came of this?"

"Well I am one of the strongest, don't tell them but I think I am stronger than all of them, they are also like my family so I don't feel alone even if I will forever miss this place as this is my first home."

"Good good, keep those you love close to you at all times because one day the gods will want you ill and you'll lose all, don't take them for granted."

"I wish mother was here too father, I do and don't worry I won't take it for granted."

"You better not or I will haunt you young lady."

"Someone else already promised me to haunt me so you are a bit late father."

"Oh? Well spill the tea young lady."

"Oh it's nothing just the princess in some deadly situation I needed to fix a few times."

"By my beard the princess!"

"Yes her."

"And are you close?"

"I could say that.... Really close even."

"Then hold on to her."

"You are talking as if I married her already."

"You might not see it young lady but that glimmer in your eyes-." He weakly set his other hand over the one cover his. "Is the same glimmer I saw in your mother's eyes and knew we were meant to be together."