-63-

"Second part of the trial as said will be one on one until one is left, all is permitted as long as the person doesn't surrender, each will be given a number pulled randomly, the one will fight the two, the three the four and so on, line up and we'll get to it." I said.

My fellow mages had the big ring I made rise up one feet in the air as that was still the fighting area and would be out if we left it.

I pulled the two so my fight would be the first.

I laid my hand on my shoulder with a sigh, looking at Em and throwing him my staff, the healers said I did more damage to it than I first thought and to use a staff I need both arms, I am left handed but can handle a blade with my right hand and if needed my dagger with my left hand, by tomorrow it should be fine so lets hope my second fight won't come before sunset.

I looked at Em and he showed me a seven so I'd fight him in demi-finales, I am sure he won't lose until then.

"My people." Everyone looked at the queen spoke. "As this is the last trial the real judges shall come and see if you are fit for the throne as only they can choose."

Thunder struck somewhere.... Wait there isn't clouds today.... So it must be.

Another strike as a huge shadow was cast over us.

That's not thunder but flaps of wings!

A dragon almost the size of the castle dropped out of the sky!

(I know you don't really see the back paws but ssssh)

I knew a dragon would be here but by Merlin's beard. I didn't think it would be the queen of dragon's, the fifty silver scales symmetrically placed around her eyes and straight up the middle of her face.

"A queen must connect to the dragons for the good of our people but the dragon must also find the potential consort worthy so even before the fights you'll all step forth, letting a fellow queen you'll answer to access your mind one on one to be sure you don't pose a danger to our future."

As I was two I would go second, I wasn't told of this tradition but I don't fear the dragon.

"What an interesting human spawn." The feminine yet rough grindy voice of the dragon said when it was my turn. "You're the one dragon in a human skin." A weird way of wording she knew I was called silver dragon but I did understand it so I nodded without a word, I had seen dragons only once before in real life and they were still majestic and impressive, the death dragon a way smaller. The queen's claw was my size while the dead silver dragon's whole hand was just half my size.

(The fire dragon is the silver dragon's size for those that would want to know as someone msged me that they wanted it lol, here you go man, it was hard to find a good chart.)

Letting her mind through my put up barriers was quite unpleasant as I didn't like people passed my defenses

"Ah you quite special aren't you?"

"So it seems."

"Once it will all be freed with or without your consent."

"I know dear queen I am aware."

"Good, carry on the noble name of dragons within you mage Silver Dragon."

"I shall."

"Head on then, I look forwards to observing one with a dragon's will."

I was a bit off, like I felt if dust covered my whole body from this scan but I shrugged it off as I knew it would go away, doing a last check that I had all. My pouch check, dagger check, sword check, staff with Em, outfit check, beads check, all check.

I had thought over, only the strongest remain and I knew it would be hard fights with how much magic I hold back, I thought this over more after I decided but now I was sure.

I made peace of mind with what this might entail for my future.

I heard my name be called and walked up and stood on the elevated ring, first adversary a human male which was not a surprise, I was one of the two last human woman in the competition with the blue dragon eyed miss, the others being elves and one skin changer, what did surprise me is no male elf made it.

I turned my gaze at my enemy.

"The fights will be overseen by the royal family and the dragon queen, they have the right to call off a fight if they notice any reason to show this isn't a fair fight and outside tricks are at play, the fight will start when the head mage rings the gong." It was still my trial to announce until it was all done.

I sighed and flexed my hands by my side with my knees bent slightly, ready to bounce.

Yeah I thought my decision over and I decided.

"It's time to shine." I whispered with  a smirk.

I'll make a show of this, no one would have seen this.

The gong rang loud and clear.

I'll show them what this silver dragon can do!