I'm a woman, baby, alright?

I'm Natasha Romanoff, also known as The Black Widow. One of SHIELD's best spy's. But even I have my secrets.

A lot of them are small and not that important. But I have one that nobody knows. Except, well, me.

You see I wasn't always Natalia Alianovna Romanova. Or Natasha Romanoff for that matter. My parents actually gave me the name Nathaniel instead of Natasha. Now I know what you're thinking, ''Why would they give a woman a male's name?'' That's, because I'm transgender. When I was born I was a little boy. When I got older I realized that I was a woman.

The Red Room helped with my transition. A lot. It was only for females. They gave me hormones and surgeries. Everything I needed and ever wanted, I got from them.

The Avengers didn't know. Until they did. And here's how that went.

--------------------------------------------------

I wake up and see that it's 8:45am. I get dressed and walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. Once I'm done I walk into the kitchen to see Bucky making pancakes.

''Good morning Nat.'' He says to me. I just nod and grab some coffee. I'm not really in the mood to talk to anyone this early. After 30 minutes everyone is in the kitchen eating some of Bucky's pancakes, which are amazing! I grab my plate and put it with the dishes when Fury calls. Of course he does.

''Morning Avengers, I have a mission for you all. Apparently some of you can't work together. That's gotta change. So, a team building mission. I expect you to be at the SHIELD headquartes at 11am sharp.'' He says through the phone. He hangs up and I check the time. 9:30am.

I walk to the gym to get my mind off this team building thing. I really don't want to do this. At all.

I punch some bags until I realize it's already 10:30am and I have to leave. Once I arrive at my destination I wait for the rest with Fury. Stark is last to arrive, which really isn't a surprise.

''So we're going to this room with each other. I'm going to lock the door so each of y'all stay in there. In there we have installed an AI. Her name is ZOE. She's going to be telling something about each of you the rest didn't know yet. If you enter the room she'll say your name etc...'' Fury says while guiding us to the room. ''Just go straight down the hallway and there will be the room.'' He finishes. We walk into the hallway and Fury locks the door behind us.

Tony enters first. Of course he does. ''Tony Stark. Male. Security badge level 10.'' ZOE says.

Everyone else follows until it's just me. ''Well what are you waiting for?'' Clint says. I shrug before walking through. Which is also where it all started.

''Natasha Romanoff. Male. Security badge level 10.'' ZOE says and I freeze. Shitshitshitshit. They know. Nononono. They weren't supposed to find out!

I look up at the rest who just stand there confused. I turn around to where Fury locked the door and kicked it down quickly running back to my car to get to the tower as fast as possible.

15 minutes later and I'm back at the tower in my room silently crying.

It's not fair. I think to myself. I've done everything in my power to be a woman. I stand up and look into the mirror. I take hormones, I got all the surgeries. How did that thing even know? I sit back down on my bed and silently let tears fall from my eyes.

I stand back up and decide to stay in my room for the next few days. I'll ignore the team.

*TIME SKIP*

We're three days later and I still haven't left my room. Clint has tried to come in multiple times but he's failed so far. But, I'm out of food so I have no choice but to leave my room.

I get up and walk to the door hoping no one's in the kitchen. But since it's 1pm I already know someone will be in there. I walk through the door and to my surprise no one's there. Until I hear someone. Bucky. ''So... why didn't you come out of that room?'' He asks. I look at him before seeing the rest of the team. I sigh.

''And why did it call you a male? You're obviously not a male.'' Steve then asks.

''I'll tell you.'' I finally say after 5 minutes of silence. ''C'mon follow me and sit down. No questions asked until I'm done talking. No. Interruptions.'' I say quickly. They all nod and sit down.

''I'm trans. Male to female.'' I say while looking at everyone. Steve and Bucky look really confused so I start to explain more. ''When I was born, I was born as a boy. My parents named me Nathaniel instead of Natasha. Later on in life I figured out I am actually a female. I changed my name to Natasha took hormones and gotten surgeries to change everything. That was the only thing the red room did that was good for me. They gave me those opportunities.''

I look at Steve before he opens his mouth. And fucking hell do I wish he didn't because those words he said were the only words I never wanted to hear again.

''So you're a male. Nathaniel.'' Are the words he says that make me so angry I can't help but walk right up to him and put a knife to his throat.

''I just told you, I'm not a male nor is my name Nathaniel. I'm a motherfucking woman, baby, alright?'' I say to him. He nods before Bucky speaks up.

''He just isn't used to this. He's still in that 40's era where all off this was illegal. He didn't actually mean to offend you, Natasha.'' He says. I nod before Wanda walks up to me and gives me a hug. I quickly hug back before Tony speaks up.

''Well, while that was lovely and all I've got other stuff to do so I'll be in my workshop if you need me.'' He says while walking away.

We all start to do our own thing again and soon enough it's like how it was before everyone knew my secret. Which is just how I like it.

--------------------------------------------------

And that is how the Avengers found out. Of course it could've been way worse, but I'm okay with how thing's are currently.

Love,

-Natasha Romanoff