You don't mean it

The last couple of weeks sucked. I had to walk home through the rain multiple times because for some reason Happy stopped picking me up. Mr. Stark got a new personal intern, Duncan. I know something's up though because Mr. Stark keeps acting weird lately.

I get out of the train and walk to the tower. I get into the elevator and FRIDAY takes me to the penthouse.

As soon as I walk into the penthouse I see Mr. Stark and Duncan. His new intern. Don't get me wrong, Duncan looks amazing and he's smart too but something's not quite right about him. I don't know what that is though. Not yet anyway.

I walk up to where Mr. Stark is standing, maybe he wants to do some work in the lab today. ''Hey Mr. Stark.'' I say to him. He turns around and faces me. ''Peter.'' He says with a cold voice. That hurts. ''Duncan and I are going to the lab and we wish not to be disturbed. Ok?'' I look at them before nodding. ''Y-yeah sure I-'' I say while cutting myself off. He won't hear it anyway because he's already in his elevator.

I walk to my room and quickly shut the door. I grab my bag and pull out my homework. I turn on some music and before I know it FRIDAY speaks up.

''Mr. Rogers is informing you that dinner's ready.'' FRIDAY says as I put my stuff away.

''Thanks FRI.'' I reply before walking to the kitchen.

I walk in and sit down on my usual seat. ''Hi Pete.'' Natasha says while giving me a plate. ''Hey Natasha.'' I reply while she sits down next to me. We start a conversation and soon enough Steve joins in on it too.

After dinner I walk back to Mr. Stark to ask him something. ''Mr. Stark?'' I ask quietly. ''What?'' He says impatiently. I take a deep breath before continuing. ''Would you maybe I mean you don't have to but do you want to work in the lab? With me? It's for a science fair-'' ''Peter, don't you get it?'' He interrupts.

''I. Don't. Want. To. Have. You. Around.'' He says angrily. Duncan stands in the corner with a smirk. ''I-I'm sorry Mr. Stark.'' I say. ''Just- You know what Parker? You're a waste of space. I don't know why you're even around. We have Duncan he's much better than you!'' Mr. Stark continues. I look up, tears threatening to spill. I open my mouth to say something before I feel a sharp stinging pain on my cheek. He hit me. I look at him only to see him walk away with Duncan.

I slam my door shut and sit down on my bed letting the tears fall down my face. He doesn't care. He said it himself. I hear someone knock the door and walk in. I turn around and see it's Duncan.

''Why are you here?'' I ask him. He just shrugs. ''Thought I'd come and see how miserable you are.'' He answers. I huff and turn around again. I hear him walk away again before Bucky enters and sits next to me.

''I saw what he did kid. He'll pay for it.'' Bucky says while giving me a side hug. I turn to Bucky and before I know it I start crying again. ''Hey, it's okay. Let it all out.'' Bucky says while rubbing circles on my back. After a while I'm finally done crying.

''I think Duncan's doing something to Mr. Stark.'' I mumble to Bucky.

''What do you mean?'' I hear Bucky ask softly.

''I mean, I think Duncan is manipulating Mr. Stark.'' I explain.

''You mean like how Wanda can?'' He asks.

''Exactly like Wanda except I don't know how to fix this!'' I cry out.

''Hey, it's okay, Loki's coming tomorrow maybe he can help okay? For now just try and get some sleep. Sound good?'' He replies. I nod and quickly  drift off to sleep.

. . .

I woke up and immediately run to the livingroom where I see Loki. I tap on his shoulder and he turns around. ''Ah, young one. How can I help?'' He asks while giving me a hug.

''Tony.'' I say. He looks at me with a confused expression before I continue. ''I think he's under a spell. He's been acting really weird lately.'' I explain. Loki nodds and asks me to guide him to Tony, which I do. Once we arrive at the lab Tony immediately turns around with Duncan next to him.

''You again? Didn't I already tell you nobody wants you? You worthless piece of shit.'' Tony says to me while tears start forming in my eyes. He continues saying hurtful stuff until Loki speaks up. ''ENOUGH!'' Loki yells shutting Tony up. ''You don't mean it. And deep down you know you don't.'' Loki continues. ''As for this coward.'' Loki says while doing something with his magic.

After 5 minutes Loki's done and Duncan is nowhere to be seen. Mr. Stark looks at us confused before opening his mouth. ''What's Loki doing here?'' He finally asks. Loki looks at me before explaining everything that happened to Mr. Stark. Apparently he was indeed under mind control and doesn't know what happened.

After Loki finished explaining Mr. Stark immediately turns to me and gives me a hug. ''I'm so sorry Pete, I had no idea I truly am sorry.'' He says with a few tears falling down his face. ''It's okay Mr. Stark I forgive you.'' I respond. ''No it's not okay...'' He says. ''I know it's not,'' I say while looking him in the eye ''but it will be.'' I finish. Mr. Stark looks at me before nodding.

''It will be okay.'' We say to each other before we grab some ice cream and start Star Wars on the big screen.