It's okay

''I'm scared of what you will say, so I'm hiding the feeling.''

.   .   .

I groan as I wake up and roll out of my bed. I look in the mirror and immediately look away, not being able to stand my own reflection. I grab an oversized hoodie and a t-shirt with some jeans to wear today. 

I walk into the bathroom which is connected to my bedroom and start to brush my teeth. I can't help but feel this urge to cut my hair off. All of it. Gone. But I can't. Not today, you have school today. I think to myself as I finish brushing my teeth. I stare at the time on my phone before I suddenly hear my dad coming into my bedroom. 

''Allison?'' I hear him say as I exit the bathroom. Peter. It's Peter. I think to myself. ''Yes?" I reply while grabbing some stuff for school. ''Oh, there you are. You're early. Anyway, I have to go to a meeting like... now. I'll see you after school. Love you!'' He says to me as he gives me a kiss on my cheek. ''Love you dad.'' I reply while walking to the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

Once I got my breakfast, which was basically just cereal, I start scrolling through Instagram. After breakfast I look at the time and notice that it's way too early to go to school, so I go back to my room. 

I enter my room and stare into the mirror hanging on my wall. I hate it. My entire body. The curves, the hair, everything! I walk into the bathroom once again while a silent tear slips from my eye.

''JARVIS?'' ''Yes, Miss?'' ''Is anyone in the penthouse right now?'' ''No, Miss. Captain Rogers is in the training room while the rest appear to be in their private rooms.'' ''Okay, thanks JARVIS.'' I reply as I quickly grab the scissors from my desk.

I grab my phone and search for some men's hairstyles on Pinterest until I finally find one. I put my phone down and immediately cut a chunk of my hair off. I cut more and more until I hear the vent above me move, SHIT.  I think to myself while Clint falls out. 

''What are you doing Allison?!'' He asks while snatching the scissors out of my hand. ''I- Well- I-'' I stammer while tears roll down my face. ''Please don't tell dad!'' I beg him. He sighs before motioning for me to turn around. ''What are you doing?'' ''Cutting your hair, I can't let you go to school like this. What did you have in mind?'' He asks as I hand him my phone. He nods and before I know it he's finished. 

''Thank you uncle Clint.'' I say with a huge smile on my face. He gives me a hug before telling me to go downstairs where Happy is waiting. I quickly grab my backpack as I walk towards the elevator. Once I'm in the elevator I put up my hood so Happy won't notice my hair. 

I jump into the car and start scrolling through Instagram again. ''We're here, kid.'' Happy interrupts my scrolling. I thank him before getting out. Suddenly a wave of anxiety rushes over me, what will everyone think?! Okay, calm down, in and out, you got this, it's just a haircut. 

I walk towards the entrance where Ned is already waiting for me. ''Hey Ned!'' I greet as he turns around. ''Hey Alli- woah! What happened to your hair?'' He asks shocked. ''I cut it.'' I answer shortly as MJ walks towards us. ''Hey losers. Nice haircut, anyway, the decathlon team is going on a field trip now so come on!'' She says while she drags us towards the bus.

''Where are we going?'' ''We don't know, it's a surprise.'' MJ answers. Ned and I continue to talk for about 25 minutes when the bus finally stops. I wish it hadn't though. I look outside, Stark Tower. Why here out of all places. I slowly exit the bus when the teacher walks up to me.