The cabin pt.1

''Suddenly, the whole world goes dark and nothing else matters except the person standing in front of you.''

.   .   .

There she is, Virginia Pepper Potts, the love of my life. Gracefully walking towards where I'm sitting behind my desk with her hair up in a tight ponytail. The clicking sound from her heels getting louder as she gets closer.

''Tony.'' She says firmly when she's in front of my desk.

''Yes dear?'' I reply, unsure of why she looks so furious. I went attended all meetings this week so surely that can't be it, can it?

''Are you aware that you have visitors in about an-'' She drags out the 'an' as she looks at her watch for the time, ''-hour.'' She then finishes. ''Visitors?'' I reply as my face displays my confusion. ''Who? Why wasn't I informed?'' She sighs softly before regaining her posture. ''The Rogues. They got pardoned, they'll be here in less than an hour. They want you to be there, but if you don't want to I could welcome them instead.'' She explains as I try to calm my internal panic down. It's just them, calm down, you've been in the same room as them before. I huff out a breath as I look back up at Pepper.

''No, it's fine, I'll be there.'' I decide after a moment of silence. ''Are you sure?'' ''I'm sure, if something happens JARVIS will inform you, right J?'' ''Yes sir, that is correct.'' Pepper nods before walking away to finish other business as I get up to change.

I slowly make my way to my bedroom where JARVIS has already picked an outfit for me. I get dressed before making my way to the livingroom where no doubt the rest will arrive soon. I kick my feet up on the table as JARVIS plays some AC/DC in the background. I nod my head to the rhythm when the elevator dings. I turn around where I am immediately faced with Rogers. I take a small step backwards as I quickly regain my posture and motion for them to take a seat.

''Stark.'' Cap says with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

''Rogers.'' I reply easily.

I scan around the room looking at everyone who's here. So far there's Steve, Sam, Bucky, Natasha, Clint, and me. 

''Is this everyone?'' I ask not sure why they're even here.

''Yes.'' Steve replies sharply as I take a sip of my water.

''Look, Stark, we're not here to fight-'' ''Good, me neither.'' I interrupt before telling him to continue. ''Obviously you're not quite aware of why we're here, but we got pardoned. The only rule was that we'd have to live here in the tower so they could watch us 24/7.'' By the time Steve finishes I choke on my water. ''No can do. Sorry, cap.'' I immediately reply. ''C'mon Stark, we don't want to go back to the raft. Why can't you just let us stay, man?'' Clint asks oblivious as to why I said no in the first place. 

''I-'' I try to regulate my breathing as I feel a panic attack coming but it's already too late. The flashbacks start and I can hear JARVIS inform Pepper in the distance.

.   .   .

''He's my friend.'' Rogers states as if no one knew. 

''So was I.'' I reply as he starts to attack me. I try to get him off of me but to no avail, he's obviously stronger than me. I try to ask JARVIS for help but it's already to late, before I know it I'm on the ground while cap slams his shield into my Arc reactor. My head falls back a little as he starts to walk away with Bucky and the shield. 

''That shield doesn't belong to you. You don't deserve it! My father made that shield!''  I yell at Steve as he drops the shield to the ground as he continues to walk away. Leaving me alone to die.

.   .   .

''-Ony! Tony! Breathe, come on, in and out, nice and easy that's it.'' The voice I now recognize as Pepper instructs slowly. 

After a while I regain my posture as Pepper speaks up. ''So what exactly happened here?'' She asks as she takes a seat at the table. 

''We were telling Tony about how we got pardoned but on one condition, we'd have to live here, in the tower.'' Steve explains as Pepper's face softens.

''Tony, hey, look at me.'' She demands as my eyes slowly look up into her eyes. ''You remember that cabin, we bought a while ago?'' I nod as she continues. ''We can live there, yeah? You can visit the tower whenever you feel like it and maybe eventually move back in but for now we can live there, how does that sound?'' She asks while I start thinking.

They don't know where the cabin is so they luckily won't be able to find it which means I'm safe there. I glance around the table before I nod at Pepper who immediately stands up to arrange everything for moving day. ''Okay, we'll go there tomorrow to sort things out. As for you,'' She says while glancing at the ex-Avengers, ''You'll be able to move here next week, you can talk to Fury about where you'll sleep until then, got it?'' She asks while already turning on her heels to walk away. ''Yes ma'am.'' Bucky replies, which honestly surprises me as he hasn't said a word since he arrived here.

We all sit around the table awkwardly before I decide it's enough, ''You better get going soon.'' I tell them as I turn around and walk towards my workshop where Dum-E is already waiting fo me.

I pat Dum-E on its mechanical head before instructing JARVIS to pull up one of my schematics for the suits. Not much later I hear the clicking sound of Pepper's heels behind me, so I turn around to face her.

She studies my face before she sighs.

''Are you okay?'' She asks with soft eyes. 

''Yes, why wouldn't I be?'' I reply. She nods slowly before giving me a hug. ''Fury sent a moving truck our way, we'll be able to move into the cabin tomorrow. Until then the rest is sleeping in a hotel down the street, okay?'' I take a deep breath as I nod. ''Mhm, yeah, that's fine. It has a workshop though, right?'' I ask while walking through my own workshop. 

Pepper chuckles a bit before answering, ''Yes, yes it does.'' I smile as I get underneath one of the cars in my workshop. ''Good, otherwise I'd have to build one.'' She laughs a bit before telling me she has to go to a meeting as she leaves again. 

I get up again, I take one last look at the workshop here before sighing. ''We're moving Dum-E.'' I state as he rolls up next to me. ''May I ask where to, Boss?'' JARVIS asks curiously. ''The cabin, you know where it is.'' I reply while calling Butterfingers and U. 

I take them to the exit, I look around one last time before deciding to pack my stuff. ''C'mon guys, we gotta pack.'' I tell the three robots as I walk towards the elevator. Tomorror we're already moving. I think to myself while walking towards Pepper and mine's shared room. Where a new chapter will begin. I think as I start packing my stuff while slowly getting ready to move to the cabin.