79 - Childbearing - Part 2

Kenna screams her pain. She wails, wretched wails, over and over and over. Sebastian can hear the echoes of his wife's cries through the walls of the French Court and continues to thud his head against the door frame, as if that would block out the noise.

"That won't help, I hope you know that." Francis tutted from his desk. Sebastian glanced over his shoulder at the young King of France, who in himself had been rejuvenated as of late. Bash knew why. Mary had finally broken her fever and awoken from her slumber, thanks to the ladies' and Nostradamus' quick thinking and unorthodox treatments. And with his twin sons -James and Henry- recently Christened and his wife recovering from her illness, the King of France had every right to enjoy life right now. Bash didn't blame him, although he was very envious of him. 

"Was it like this?" he asked his brother, turning to face the King. The King rose a brow in confusion.

"Was what like what?"

"Mary," Bash began. Francis' eyes hardened at that, never liking his wife's name coming out of his brothers' mouth, especially with their history. "was it like this when she had the boys? Or even Lola when she had John?" he asked. "This nervousness, the fear. Did you feel like this?" Unlike his brother, he was not King. He couldn't overrule the wishes of the midwives that he leave them to try and help Kenna, along with Lola and Greer by her sides. Mary still wasn't permitted to leave her bed just yet. So, he was pushed out of his own chambers by the midwives and ended up in his brothers' study.

"With Lola, no." he shook his head. "I didn't know until she was in labor, and even by then, he had already arrived into this world. All I felt was the shock of being told I was going to be a father by my wife's cousin and friend-" he even cringed at that. "and not knowing if either were alive, from both childbirth and plague. And with Mary, yes, I was terrified, but I was so elated at finally being a father with her child. As it turned out, children. I was more petrified when she was sickened by the afterbirth. But, everything turned out as it was supposed to." he got up from his seat. "And you must believe that, too."

The echoes finally stopped. Bash inhaled deeply, letting out a long woosh of air when another being was now screaming in the castle. He could hear Kenna's exhausted laughter and the wail of a child. Francis laughed and slapped his brothers' shoulders in celebration.

"Look at that!" Francis smiled. Bash hugged his brother immediately, making his King chuckle fondly at him. They heard the echoes of slippers patting against the stone hallways. Sebastian ripped open the door before the midwife could even knock.

"Well?" he asked eagerly. Francis chuckled behind him. "What is it?"

"My Lord, Your Majesty," she curtseyed deeply, seeing her King standing behind the Baron de Portiers.

"Yes, yes, enough of that. Is my wife alright? The baby-"

"The babe is a healthy size. You have a daughter, my Lord. The Baroness de Portiers rests now, you may see her and your child if it pleases your highness." she stated, but Sebastian paid her no mind and sprinted off to his chambers to meet his new daughter and hold his new family.

~~

I know it's short, but I couldn't think of what else to write. More Frash BROTP and birthing scenes to come! I'm gonna try and update as much as possible today. As we should all know by now, I'm working on my injured arm's schedule, so hopefully I can get a good chunk of stuff up today. Please leave feedback and requests down below!

stay safe

love

me

:)