106 - Death *WDWG Deleted Scene* *Modern*

(Welcome to the long promoted WDWG Deleted Scenes! If you haven't read that book, then this will make less than no sense to you, so either give it a little read or skip this little piece!)

"Blaire?" Francis asks, slowly peaking his head into my room. I blink, bringing myself back into the moment. My eyes tore themselves from the lilac painted wall of my room and over towards the white wood door. My brother stood there, his blonde curls were all over the place as they always were. His eyes inquisitive and imploring, instantly locking with mine. "Mama said I could come see you. Are you okay?" I smiled a sad smile, reaching over with a hand towards him. He trotted over quickly, plopping down onto my bed. He bounced a few times, making me giggle.

"I'm fine." I insisted quietly. He cocked his head at mine.

"I don't think so." he protested, pointing towards the folded up white letter that was at the foot of my bed. "Papa said that the letter said something sad. So, I'm here to cheer you up!" he popped the 'P', crawling closer.

"I'm okay, brother. Promise." I stated, leaning back into the pillows of my bed. He rose a brow, making me giggle, before he fell back in the bed with a huff. I smiled at him.

"Are you sure you're okay? You don't seem like it." he reasons after a few moments of us being quiet. I nod slowly.

"Yeah." I decide. "I'm okay." I say, reaching over to pick up the important looking paper, passing it over towards him. He blinks at it, before throwing it back.

"I can't read as well as you can, Blaire-" he pauses. "School doesn't teach us like Lucas teaches you-" he pauses. I nod. That was true. He and Lissie went to an actual school, but I learned from homeschooling. "What's it say?" he asks, leaning his head onto mine. I huff.

"You know how Mommy Catherine had little Claudie in her belly?" I asked. I can hear him frown, but he nods anyway.

"Yeah?" he questions. "What's that got to do with anything?"

"It means-" I push him for his inability to wait. "the person that I grew inside of, my mom before I came here-" I pause. That peaks his interest. I never talk about what happened before I came into his home. One, Adam said I wasn't allowed to. Two, it always intrigues him when I do. "she wasn't nice. She was locked away in a hospital, 'cause she was sick, that's what made her act mean to me." I tell him, threading our fingers together. "The letter says she's gone to heaven." I say softly.

"Ah." he mumbles. I smile at him lightly.

"It's okay. You don't have to act like that. I'm not sad." I tell him softly, leaning my head upon his. We stare at my ceiling, at the stars and the planets that we helped Daddy Henry put up after a while of being here. "Not like before. My mama wasn't really a mama." I say. He raises a brow.

"What?"

"Not like how Mommy Catherine is. She had me in her stomach, but she was never nice to me after that. I don't remember her ever being actually nice to me. So, I'm not sad about it. I'm not really bothered." I shrug. He sits up, breaking our hand holding.

"What?" Francis asks. "But, Blaire, I'd be sad if Mama went to heaven."

"So would I-" I tell him, my eyes half lidded, staring up at him. "but my mama isn't like yours. Or, wasn't. She wasn't nice or happy like your mama is. Mine was mean and sad, I don't know why, but she was. She wasn't a nice woman, and I haven't seen her in ages. It doesn't really make a difference." I say.

'Take that little bitch away from me, James! I swear one day she's gonna push me one step too far, and I won't be responsible for my actions! I swear to God!'

I blink slowly. Francis opens his mouth to speak.

'No! No! Daddy!' I scream inside my head. 'No! No!' I scream as the knives keep flying upwards and downwards, more and more red spilling out.

I jump as Francis taps my nose. His eyes are wide.

"Are you okay?" he asks, alarmed. "Your eyes went all white!" he yelps out.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry. I'm okay. Sorry for scaring you." I rush. He cocks his head. I want to tell him. But I have to keep him safe. I have to keep all of them safe, that's what Adam told me before I came here. "What were you saying?"

He shrugs. "Forgot." he mumbles. Now it's me who knows he's lying. But he doesn't say anything until "Hey! Why don't we go to the tree house! See if any more little squirrels are there!"

He grabs my hand. And we run.

~

There's instalment number one! Obviously, I had the choice of having Marie die when Mary was a little girl, but I went with having her pass away when Mary was an adult. It seemed better at the time. Anywhoo, hope you've enjoyed the little Frary-kid oneshot! There's more to come!