132 - Jolt

~/~

Prompt - Frary baby kicks!

~/~

The King of France looks up from the head of the dining table, over the leather backed parchment of a new edict the privy council wished for him to sign -something about the shares Protestants had to a Catholic crop circle- hearing a small gasp coming from the foot. His foot begins to tap with worry as he sees his heavily pregnant wife hiss in a breath, her face beginning to contort with discomfort. One of Mary's main cravings had been garlic, and he watched her drop a chunk of extremely garlicy bread into a soup that was equally as flavoured by the bulb, her pouty lips opening in a silent gasp.

"Mary?" he asks, placing the parchment down near his own breakfast plate. He looked over her quickly, trying to spot an injury that was not caused by the pregnancy. He spots none, and focuses his eyes back onto his ivory and silver clothed Queen, as she waves away worried servants and a midwife.

"I'm alright." she insists, pushing a lock of hair from her face, back behind her ear, exposing her long earrings. Even Narciesse -who had never been warm towards Mary- seemed concerned as she continued to wince. Quickly, she was surrounded by Greer and Kenna, who asked what was wrong in quick words. She eases them away with a smile, gripping Francis' wrist as he neared her -his handsome face drawn with worry- and placing it on the eight month old bump her abdomen had swollen into. "Your new subject has nerve, Your Majesty," she begins. "it dares to kick the Queen of France." she says.

Immediately, as if proving his mothers' words, the child within her womb kicked at his fathers' hand. Francis gasped in wonder, never tiring of feeling a small, powerful, unborn foot kick at his hand. So different to Jean, so much more important to him, not just as a King but a man. The child of his wife, the first of many, a child conceived not out of misery and betrayal, but love and fidelity. An heir to settle their Kingdoms, but most of all, a true object that showed their love.

Her ladies squealed happily, wading over to catch a shot of unborn child kicking within his mothers' womb. Kenna giggled, feeling a tiny fist against her hand, whilst Greer gasped in wonder as the King of France guided his wife's ladies' hand towards a spot that the unborn child enjoyed kicking at. She beams at Mary, who giggles in delight, rubbing the bump that was enormous underneath her gown.

"I love you." Francis reminds his wife, pressing a kiss to her lips. They both hear the servants swoon quietly amongst themselves, choosing not to say a thing. "I can't wait." he whispers, touching her bump when the two ladies had settled and sat down once again.

"Neither can I." her voice is soft, adoring as she looks up at the handsome golden King she has been blessed with.

"What's this I hear about the King's heir? Let me see!" the moment is interrupted by Catherine rushing over towards them. Francis groans, walking away from the two, as his mother excitedly cooes and ahhs, feeling her son's child squirm within his mothers' womb. Mary wants to complain, but she cannot, seeing the smile on Catherine's face.

~~

Fluffy Frary is the best! Tell my grandma Catherine wouldn't barge in on baby kicking moments! 

I'm gonna be writing more Frary children soon, so leave a comment if you'd like to read anything specific. And a little niceness would go a long way, your girl's had a rough couple days and reading nice comments always lifts spirits.

Spoiler for next one, Tiny Frary!

Stay safe, be kind.

Love,

me

:)