Flying Brooms and Wings

"Speech"
~Parseltongue~
'Thought'
Lines from the book
^Phoenix Speech^

The next couple of days went by quickly. My friends, bar Mia, kept asking me about the mundane world, mostly about toys and how they traveled.

Fred and George knew what some were called because of their dad, just not what they were for or how they worked. I was more than happy to clear the confusion they had, same with Nev, Daph and Blaise.

I have been expecting a summons to Dumbledore's office for a while now and the lack of response was making me edgy and it showed.

Today was the first years flying class and needless to say, most were nervous wreck.

Walking to my table and serving myself some breakfast while Sal lays lazily on me having eaten a few spiders in the forest already.

~Enjoyed your meal Sal?~

~I did Bella. I cannot believe there's an Acromantulas nest in the forest. The old goat is putting all the hatchlings in danger and he doesn't seem to care.~

~His thirst for power and glory have corrupted him to the point he will sacrifice even a child for it. For his 'greater good.'~

Sal hisses in anger. startling those around us and I pet her and kiss her head, letting some of my magic flow to my fingers to calm her. She calms slowly and lays down as I drink some tea, ignoring the pumpkin juice.

My eyes caught the figures of Nev and Mia walking in, looking pale and nervous which makes me smile a bit before heading to them. Thankfully the students are used to seeing us sit at each others table though that doesn't mean they accept us. Most of them at least, I'm happy with the small bunch for now.

"Good morning guys, why are you so nervous?"

"Our first flight class is today! Nev and I have read what we can about it but it doesn't really teach us!"

Looking at Nev he gave a barely there nod as he stared at the food, looking a very sickly pale color and I put a hand over his and over Mia's. "Flying is one of the things out there that can't be learned by reading a book but by actually doing it. Divination falls into a similar category."

"You know about Divination?"

Turning I find the curious looks of not only Fred and George but Lee and Angelica Johnson. Mia was also looking at me curious dubiously.

"You believe in Divination?"

"Of course I do. The art is not simple though. It may seem simple because there are multiple ways for you to tell events that will/may or have happened. Yet, if you aren't born with the gift of Sight, then you'd be wasting your time."

At my explanation murmurs and debates arose over the subject as mail arrived and Nev got the infamous Remembrall from his grandmother. I waited a few minutes and just as in the book Malfoy snatched it away and was about to make fun of him before I spoke.

"It's unbecoming for a member of a Most Ancient and Most Noble House to be stealing, Heir Malfoy." I land my cold gaze on him and his goons and watch as he freezes, pales some more before handing it over and walking away. "Gods he's a moron."

I stand and say by to the twins, Lee and Johnson before my friends and I head over towards our morning classes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Finally! Flying class!' I think but my good mood was soured some.

Seeing our brooms I can't help but sneer at the quality of them. They were barely being held together!