Chapter 8. Hanging with Gon

(Y/n) was in the forest for the next part of the exam. She was by a river when she saw Gon. 

"Gon!" She yelled out, while waving her arms around.

Gon turn around confused.

"(Y/n)!)" he then yelled.

Gon ran at her and jumped into her arms. 

"Hi Gon!" She said happily. 

"Hi (Y/n)! aren't you supposed to be with Hisoka?" Gon asked while letting go of her.

"Maybe" She smiled.

"Haha" He laughed.

"I ditched him to hang out with you~" She said while putting her hands on her hips.

"Won't he get mad?" Gon asked.

"Maybe, but for now let's hang out" She said.

"Can you sing for me?!" He asked excited.

 "Why do you want me to sing?" (Y/n) question.

"Well you sing really well and your voice is pretty" He said happily.

"Awwwww and I give in what do you want me to sing?" She asked.

"Something you wrote!" He exclaimed.

(pretend you wrote this)

"That song was so cool!" Gon said happily.

"Why thank you" He said while doing a cartwheel. 

She sat down on the grass. and Gon sat next to her.

She held up her hands and a circle cross type of thing appeared underneath us.

"What's this?" He asked while looking confused.

"Is a sound proof bubble, nobody can hear us in the outside world.

"Oh okay?" He said.

"So Gon" She said while looking at him.

"Yeah?" He said.

"Who's your mum and dad?" She asked.

"My mom I don't know, neither my dad but that's why I'm taking the hunter exam, so I can be like him and find him" He said sadly at first but became happy.

"By any chance is your dad Ging Freecss?" She question.

"Yes yes! Ging is my dad! Do you know him? Have you met him? Where is he? What does he look like?-" He question. 

She held up her hand for him to stop talking.

"Yes I know him, yes I've met him, I promise not to tell anyone mostly you, he looks like a older version of you but with all black hair" she told him.

"Any more question?" She asked.

"When did you meet him?" He asked.

"Lets see.....I met him when I was 10 and he stuck around for 4 years. He train me, told me stories, we went of adventures." She said while smiling.

"How old are you now?" He asked.

"16" She said.

"Well I'm 11 turning 12 on may 5th" He said.

"That means I met your dad when you were....5? yeah 5" She said.

Gon's expression turn into a sad one.

"Did.....did he ever talk about me?" Gon asked.

That sound of his voice made her heart break.

"Oh Gon.... he did." She said.

"What did he say about me?" He looked on the edge of crying. 

"He said he had a cute toddler son, with his spiky black and green hair, his joyful self, and how he felt like you  wanted to protect everyone" She said while placing her hand on Gons shoulder.

Gon started to cry. She wrapped her arms him and placed him on her lap.

"It's okay" She said softly hugging him.

"It's not fair..." He whimpered.

"Why can't I have a dad like other kids? Why does he leave and tells me if I find if he'll just leave!?" Gon said sobbing.

She took off her coat and put it on him.

"We can worry about the exam tomorrow it's late now" She spoke. (Y/n) raised her hand in the air and made another circle.

"What's this circle for?" Gon question.

"It a protecting spell nobody and can break in and still our badges, we can sleep here for the night" She said.

"Okay" He yawned.

She looked at him and saw that he fell asleep. She hugged him and moved to a tree and lean back on it. 

"I'll protect you gon, I'll help you find your dad' She said then fell asleep.

"Thank...you.." She heard Gon say faintly.