Chapter 9: The Making of a Hacker 2.0

Markus was very fascinated with the knowledge that the book has to offer especially on the tricks on how to connect a cheat with another.

"Have you read the history part of that book, kid?" Ned asked as he flipped a page on the book he had opened entitled,

<The secrets in crypto-flattery and security>

Markus was holding a book as thick as an almanac with a title 

<Crypts in Technology for Dummies V.1>

"Yeah, it's all in the first chapter." Markus exclaimed. "I mean, that story was amazing, right, uncle Ned?"

"Though I was not sure if that really happened." Ned frowned. "I mean, we never have any evidence to prove it true. All of it were just written in books."

"But, to think of it as an elaborate lie." Markus said. "This was very nicely stitched."

"If that's what you wanna think." Ned turned into another book. He grabbed the one with a title 

<Introduction to Computer Science and Technology> 

"Here, read this one first. This was the first book that we have to be familiar with at the start of the semester. Your mom was pretty good in memorizing this one."

"Really?" Markus took the book from Ned and started reading it from the cover. "This one really looks amazing, don't you think?"

"Ahh...It was amazing that that book made be cry during the first pop quiz." Ned hanged his head on his shoulder.

Markus was exhilarated. They talked about everything they can until the sky is red.

"Damn kid, falling asleep on the floor." Ned sighed. "Now, I have to carry you to my room. I should really ask for compensation this time. Pay me some cash, Charlie." he entered his room and dropped the kid on his bed. "Sleep well, idiot."

He stared at the kid for a few minutes and a sudden thought slipped on his mind that made his feet cold. "Ahhh,,," he exclaimed. "I didn't finish what I have to do now." He wrapped the kid with his blanket and ran downstairs "I'm already behind my schedule! Damn Markus, that idiot!" he stared at him and gave of a smile "I will make you pay next time. Now he sleeps soundly on my bunk while I have to pull a whole day through without sleep, again. Thanks for the bother."

He rushed to his workplace and immediately started what he left off last night. He worked until the sky turned Yellow-Orange.

The streets turned busy as the crowd kept passing by his shop and Charlotte knocked on his window.

"Hey, Ned, have you seen Marky?" She walked towards the fixing guy.

"Oi, Charlie. good morning." Ned waved his soldering iron.

"Is Marky here?" Charlie asked again.

"Yeah. He's sleeping in my room." Ned replied. "What have you given that kid that he became that smart?"

"What are you talking about?" Charlotte felt confused. She is still on her IIP uniform and her eyes were tired from work. Her red hair were pulled behind her in a bun and her face looked so tired. "Anyway, why is he here?" she went straight to the kitchen door and went inside the house.

Ned picked a cloth to wipe his hand, followed Charlotte to his room and said, "He picked-up a fight last night and was beaten really bad." He opened the door and show Markus inside.

"What?!" Charlotte exclaimed. "A fight? How, why did that happened? This is ridiculous."

"I know." Ned said. "I've given him a good scolding last night. Don't worry. He promised he will avoid that from now on."