Chapter 9 I'll have some nuggets

James' point of view:

We decided to go inside so we could sit down and eat instead of have to stuff our faces in my car. We walked up to the counter to order and it just so happened that Sarah was going to be taking our order.

Sarah was a girl I dated last year. She was blonde (because I only date blondes) and had gray blue eyes. She was ok but her body didn't offer much. I dumped her the second day we were together.

"You can order anything because I'll pay." I politely offered.

"Oh James, you don't have to." Elizabeth argued.

"No please, I want to." I said with a smile on my face.

"Thanks." She looked surprised that I was acting like a gentleman and not a man whore. "I'll have a ten piece box of nuggets and that's it please."

"Ok. James, what would you like baby?" Sarah asked me. She squeezed her grape sized boobs together to try and make them look bigger. She failed miserably.

"I'll have a double cheeseburger with medium fries." I said as I took out my wallet.

"Really James? Your not thirsty?" Sarah seductively asked me. She was trying to get my attention but she was only drawing the attention of a 40 year old man standing behind us waiting to order.

"Just give us our food Sarah." I ordered her.

"Gosh. It's $8.59." She then pressed a few more buttons on the ordering computer and started flirting with me again. "So who's your friend baby?"

"Stop calling me baby." Like every other girl I dated, she was a mistake. "And her name is Elizabeth."

"It's Lizzie." Elizabeth corrected me. "Elizabeth is my full name but people call me Lizzie." Sarah checked Elizabeth out seeing if her competition would be hard to beat, and she could tell that she didn't have what it took to beat Elizabeth.

"Your order will be here soon." Sarah stated. "How long have you been together." A sharp sound of jealousy ran through her voice.

"We're not together." Elizabeth said. "We're only friends."

"Oh well isn't that pleasant." Sarah smiled and her yellow teeth showed. Just the sight of her made me want to vomit. A few minutes latter our food came out on a red tray. Elizabeth and I walked over to a booth. I picked one in a back corner so Sarah couldn't see me anymore.

"So when did you two date?" Elizabeth asked me. I could barely here the sound of jealousy running through her voice but it proved that she cared about me.

"We dated last year for two days." I answered her.

"Congratulations," Elizabeth said, "that's the longest relationship you've ever been in."

"No, the longest time I dated a girl was for two weeks." I corrected.

"My bad." Elizabeth sarcastically stated.

"Why did you get nuggets?" I questioned Elizabeth. Everyone I knew always got burgers and fires.

"I'm not a big burger girl. And I know that sounds completely unamerican, but it's true." I laughed.

"Tell me something about you." I wanted to know everything about Elizabeth.

"I live with my mom. Maya's my best friend-"

I then interrupted her by asking, "Are you still a virgin?"

"Why do you care?"

"I just want to get to know you. That's one thing I'd like to know." I answered.

"No I'm not a virgin."

"Who was the guy?" I went on asking her.

"It doesn't matter." She shot back.

"I'd like to know." I replied.

"It was um..." her voice got quieter as if she was ashamed of it. "it was Dylan." She finally chocked out.

"What!" I yelled. Not caring that I was in a public restaurant. "When?" I was still talking kind of loud but then I calmed down.

"We dated when we were both freshman." She paused because this part of her past must have been difficult for her. "We dated for two years. He threatened to break up with me unless I'd have sex with him. I thought that I needed him in my life. I thought he loved me. So, I gave in. Then a week later I caught him cheating on me with some blonde bamboo and I dumped him."

I was silent. I didn't know what to say. She look scared and afraid. I didn't want to hurt her. I wish I could take all of her pain away, but I couldn't. "Oh." That was all I was able to say.

"Tonight, at the party, he told me he still loved me." She froze. As if what she was about to say would kill her. "Then you came and... well I guess you could say you saved me." She weakly smiled. Trying to hide all of the overwhelming pain in her life.

She took her hand and placed it on a sweet little locket she was wearing. She was holding onto her necklace when a single tear rolled down her face. I took her other hand as soon as she started to cry.

"You're beautiful even when you're crying." I said. This made her laugh. I took my finger and softly wiped her tears away. "Elizabeth," I was drowning in her beauty. "you're so beautiful." Then she looked into my eyes, and smiled.

Being with her, it was the best feeling ever.