Chapter 38 I'm sorry I broke your pen

Lizzie's POV:

"I'm here for you if you need me."

"I know Maya." I whined on the other side of the phone. After I ditched her at the mall, I called her and explained every single event that had taken place a while ago. "I just need to be alone for awhile."

"Sweetie, are you sure?" She caringly questioned me.

"I'm positive." I assured her. "Now I'm gonna go eat something cause I'm hungry, so bye." I then threw my phone on my bed after I hung up. But I was only able to take a few steps out of my room before I heard it buzz once more.

I walked back to my bed, and looked at my screen to see who was stopping me from eating whatever junk I was aching to stuff in my face.

James. He had sent me a text.

Hey.

That's all he said. I waited awhile. Just staring at my phone's keyboard. But then another little bubble popped up and James had texted me something else.

U looked good in that dress.

My heart was melting with every sweet word he sent me.

What's up?

Was the next message I received from him. I thought it was really amazing how he wouldn't leave me alone. I didn't find it annoying, I found it quite flattering actually.

I'm watching Once Upon A Time. U can join me if u want to.

Was I to harsh to him? He kept sending me little texts like that for about an hour. I didn't dare send one back though. I just let him causally talk to me. It felt normal. It was a very comfortable feeling.

I read all of them, and I took them to heart. All the little phrases he had whispered into my ear, all the random sexy kisses, all of the cuddles we had and the memories we shared all came flooding back into my mind. And strangely, I felt happier just thinking about him. My heart didn't feel so heavy.

I'm sorry.

Was the text that shocked me back into reality. All of my attention was plastered on my phone and I was anxiously waiting for the next thoughts of his to be spilled out and for me to hear what he was thinking and how he truly felt.

I'm sorry for letting her kiss me. Every excuse I come up with isn't good enough to cover up the fact that I hurt you. I know I was drunk but that doesn't mean I was powerless. I could have stopped her. I'm sorry for being a bitch to Dylan when all you wanted to do was be nice to him. And I should have respected you choice. I didn't want him to hurt you and then, I went and did the exact same thing I was trying to protect you from. Elizabeth, I'm a jerk. I know it. I just want you to know that I'll be here waiting for you. I love you. I always will.

Then before I knew it, I was hugging my pillow and all curled up in a ball. I couldn't deny the fact that I loved him.

Then, I saw one more little text bubble pop up on the bottom of my screen.

Oh and, I'm sorry I broke your pen.

I had lost it! My face was covered with a forest of tears and I couldn't keep them in any longer. He had apologized for breaking my pen! He had done that on the first day of school so I had no idea how he remember that.

I LOVE YOU.

That was all I managed to type back to him. It was less then a second latter when James replied to what I had just said.

I love you too Elizabeth!