Chapter 40 My life in black and white

Lizzie's POV:

"I'm not so sure yet." I told Maya.

"Well let me know because we can go dress shopping together! And I'd like to go before all of the sexy dresses are gone." She told me.

"I'm free Friday night." I told her.

"Great! I can't wait for prom!" She squealed as we walked to the lunch room. "I can't believe that James and you are dating again. He's never dated a girl twice." She informed me. "You must be special."

"He tells me he loves me, so I guess so." I giggled.

"That's so romantic! Your bad boy is good to you." Maya and I entered the lunch room and I noticed Cameron wasn't sitting by James, he was sitting with Justin only. "Hey guys." Maya said as we joined them.

"Um, where's James?" I questioned them.

"He's out by the picnic tables in the courtyard." Justin explained to me as he stuffed his face with his meat sub.

"Well, I'm going to go find him then." I said as I stood back up from my seat, only to find Dylan right behind me. "Oh!" I said surprisingly.

"Lizzie, um can we talk?" Dylan asked me with his hands packed stiffly into his jeans pockets.

"Sure. What's up?" I asked Dylan as we walked out of the cafeteria.

"I know that you really cared for James, and you might not be ready to move on yet, and I understand." Was Dylan going to ask me out? Only Maya, Cameron and Justin knew we were back together again so Dylan was completely clueless! "It'd just mean the world to me if you'd even consider going to prom with me." He finally spat out.

"Oh, Dylan," I sympathetically said. "I'm sorry but I already have a boyfriend." I said and then I walked away, leaving him all alone in the hallway, dumbfounded by the news I had just delivered to him.

Then I made my way outside and I saw at one of the round stone picnic tables in our schools yard, James sat with a lovely lunch set up for the two of us. "Your late." He instructed me as I approached him.

"I was lost." I chuckled as he sweetly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in and started sucking on my neck.

"I missed you." He informed me in between kisses.

"We've only been apart for an hour." I giggled again.

"One hour without you is like a life time without any air." He sweetly caressed my hair and tucked a few stray strands behind my ear.

"I love you." I remarked.

"I love you more." He smiled as he planted a long, sexy kiss on my lips.

"What did you bring me?" I said as I wondered over to the table.

"We can eat latter, I like what we were doing a little while ago." James chuckled as he pulled me close to him once more.

"I'm hungry and we can do that latter." I informed my horny boyfriend. Then we sat down and started munching away.

We just talked about whatever thought popped into our mind and it was weird in a perfect way. Then the topic we were talking about got changed over to prom. "You haven't officially asked me yet." I told James.

"I mean, we're dating so I thought we'd just go together." He smiled back.

"Well, we're probably going together because of that reason but you do need to properly ask me." I winked at him. "Or else it isn't formal."

"Ok, fine." He said as he put down his fork and softly grabbed my hand. "Elizabeth, will you-,"

I then quickly cut him off before he could get any further. "You must say my full name." I corrected him.

"Elizabeth Mary Kay Smith, will you do me the great honor of letting me take you to prom?"

"I'm not so sure." I played. "You might have a criminal background and I gotta steer clear of men like you." I giggled.

"Come on Elizabeth! Just answer." He begged me.

"I guess I have to I mean, only cause we're dating though. I really secretly hate you." I sarcastically informed him using a snotty valley girl voice.

"Haha very funny." He said as he leaned over and sweetly kissed me on my cheek. "You're so beautiful." James commented as he let his lips linger by my ear. "I'm so lucky because I have you." He smiled as I leaned over and kissed him back.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you more." James shot back.

"I love you forever." I smiled.

"I love you forever... plus one!"

(12 years latter)

After I graduated high school, James and I both entered to go to the same college but we weren't able to be together. They say long distance relationships don't work, but I was only an hour and a half away, so it's not like I lived in another state. After James and I were out if college, we settled down in a small town right outside of our hometown. Maya ended up marrying Justin and Cameron only has cats. James and I have four kids, their ages are 5,3,1 and five months.

I'd love to stay and talk more, but I have to go. Today, I'll be attending Dylan's and Annie's wedding. What a shocker!

I mean, after all of this time, who would have thought that this would be my life and it would be written down in black and white.