Chapter 35 I'm not a lesbian

Maya's POV:

She looked so helpless and scared. Lizzie was curled up right next to me and I was rocking her back and forth, trying to provide her with support and comfort, but everything I did just lead to her crying even more.

"I mean," she sniffled. "how stupid was I to think that I could have been with him. That I could have changed him. That I meant something to him!" She then buried her head into my shoulder as I heard footsteps walking towards Lizzie's room.

"Hey sweetie," As Mrs. Smith walked in, I noticed that she had two containers of ice cream and two spoons, one for Lizzie and one for me.

"Thanks Mrs. Smith." I said as I took the dessert from her cold hands.

"Honey, I know what kind of pain you're going through. But sitting here isn't going to help you get over him. You need to get up, and move on with your life." She was so right.

"Did you have to Google that answer up?" Lizzie sadly and kind of rudely remarked.

"No baby," Mrs. Smith started off saying. "I learned that from life." She said as she tightly hugged Lizzie and walked out of the room.

"She's so right." I said as I opened up our containers of ice cream. "You shouldn't stay here, where memories of James are plastered all over the walls." Lizzie didn't say anything after the comment I had just made. "How about tomorrow, we go to the mall. We can spend all day shopping and eat junk food." By the expression Lizzie was making, she didn't look up to the task. "And, I'll pay for anything you buy." I then chocked out and then her face lit up like a child's face does on Christmas morning.

"Well," she started off saying.

"Oh come on girl! I know you want to go!"

"Ok."

"EKKK!" I screamed of excitement as I threw my arms around Lizzie. "What time on Sunday should I pick you up?"

"Can you just spend the night tonight?" She asked me as she curled up next to me again.

How could I say no to her! She was so hurt and her heart had been broken. I had to stay near her so she wouldn't jump off a cliff or anything. "Yeah girl. I'll stay." I smiled as I kissed her head in a totally not lesbian way.

As the night went on, we talked more about Lizzie and James. She got all of her feelings out on the table which she desperately needed to do. She had balled them all up and was holding them in. If she kept them in any longer, she would have exploded!

Before we both went to sleep, Lizzie and I talked some more about her recent break up with James. "I don't know why he did that to me." Lizzie sighed.

"He was just drunk so he wasn't thinking." I explained to her.

"They say a sober mans thoughts are a drunk mans actions." She had gotten me there! Maybe he did love Lizzie, but he just made a stupid mistake. "He's noting but a liar." Lizzie pouted. "A stupid, cheating, sexy, no good, amazing, liar."

She then broke down into tears and I ran over to comfort her once more. It was one of those sweet moments where no one needed to talk because no words were necessary. It was silent but not awkward.

"He makes it so hard to be with him." Lizzie spoke after a few minutes of me holding her. "But it's also so hard to live without him."