Chapter 33 Together

Dylan's POV:

"Hey um, can we talk?"

"Yeah Lizzie." I said as I crinkled my brow. I had no idea what was going on and what Lizzie was about to say.

"I was just wondering if you knew about the rumors that are going around about us." She asked me.

"Oh like the ones where I knocked you up so when you were missing back in December you were busy getting an abortion?" I replied straightly.

"Yeah, like those." I could tell that Lizzie was feeling uncomfortable confronting me about this, so I was going to try to make this as easy as possible.

"Look, I have no idea who started them," I lied. I was the one who had started them and I was paying a few other freshman to help spread the word throughout the entire school. I was pretty sure even a few teachers knew. "but I'll look into it. There so rude and it's not fair to have faulty information about you going around the school and being spread all around like a wildfire. I'll get to the bottom of it, don't worry."

"OK thanks D." She happily replied. She then hugged me and the Lizzie informed me that she had to go to Mrs. Jackson's class with James so she couldn't stay and talk. Before I could say goodbye, she had rushed away and was out of my view.

"Isn't she so sweet." I heard a sexy voice say from behind me. "I don't think we've formally met." She then stuck out her hand for me to shake it. "I'm Annie Green, James ex." I then took her hand and shook it.

"I'm-" I started off saying, but before I knew it, Annie had cut me off.

"I know who you are. You're Dylan Wayne. Former lover of Lizzie Adams. I can obviously tell that you still have a thing for her, and I'm still madly in love with James. But we won't be able to achieve what we want if we work separately." She then pulled me by my leather jacket into a little nook underneath the staircase that lead to the schools third floor.

"Keep talking." I was highly interested in what Annie had to say. She then told me all about her plan to get James and Lizzie to break up, making James upset and breaking Lizzie's heart.

She ended her speech by saying, "are you in?"

"When can I start?" I eagerly asked her.

"Tonight at Jami's party. Be there. Be ready to work your magic and be sure to get caught!"