Chapter 29: Greyson

July 15

Ottawa, Ontario

Pulling into the front entrance of the hotel after the festival today, I whistle. The Château Laurier is definitely ritzier than I was expecting since we'll be at such a casual festival, but it's all the same to me. Theo's dad fixed all the reservations according to Elle's requests.

We're covered in sweat, dust, and colored powder from the canons at the festival tent we'd been in. Hell, I wouldn't let us in here in our current states. Elle, Mads, and I had left the others back at the festival for the last set they wanted to hear.

Elle's managed to wipe most of the day off her face and hands, at least, with these small makeup wipes. I'd need a dozen packages just to make a dent.

"Why don't you two stay here while I check-in. I don't want to give reception a heart attack."

She's right. We look disgusting. I watch her pull a sweater over her head to cover the colorful stains across her white t-shirt, then head inside.

I grab our bags and toss the keys over to the valet with a smile and nod, taking the ticket in return, grinning as he eyeballs my old truck.

"That was quick." Mads hooks an arm over Elle's shoulders.

"All I had to do was pick up keys, Theo's dad paid in advance. Do you want help with the bags? I said no to the offer of a bellman. I can take one, though."

"I'm fine, just lead the way."

Our rooms are adjacent to one another, and reception has closed off the small hallway so that our rooms can be self contained, connected.

I drop the girls' bags on their side of the suite, then wander over to claim a bed in the boys' side.

When I hear water running, I wander back over to find Elle rummaging through her small duffel.

"I'm dying for a shower once Mads is finished."

"Go use the shower in the other room, might as well, since no one else is here." Elle places a sweet, but all too quick, kiss to my lips and dashes off into our other room with her toiletry bag to shower.

After sorting through my own belongings, I knock on the bathroom door. When Elle opens up, steam billows out, and she's wrapped in a short, silky robe. "Mind if I shower while you finish getting ready?"

When she shakes her head, I grab a much needed shower while she finishes drying her hair, then pull on clean boxers and jeans before I tug her with me into the living room and pull her down to sit on my lap, facing me on the sofa overlooking the parliament buildings.

Her hands wind their way through my damp hair, fingers tugging playfully to tip my face up so she can lean over me for a kiss. She certainly seems more interested in me than the view.

I let her set the pace, my hands resting lightly on her hips, but preventing her from sitting any lower. I'm not sure I'd be able to resist the temptation of her sweet ass pressed to my groin and thighs.

Her tongue sweeps through my parted lips to tease me, and she nips my bottom lip. I hiss at the sharp pain, but she soothes it with her tongue lightly. I feel her smile against my mouth, a sure sign she's feeling bolder, more curious. I dig my fingers into her hips when she tries to settle down onto my lap, preventing her from closing the gap.

It doesn't faze her, she simply presses her chest against mine instead, and I groan. Her breasts are crushed against me, her hands fisted in my hair, lips moving from mine across my cheek, to my jaw, then down my neck as she places hot, open-mouthed kisses down to my collarbone.