Chapter 12

Riley finished his workout and wanted to take a run before going back in. He started with a light  jog. He thought about Melody and no matter how much in common she had with his Sweets he couldn’t imagine they were the same person. There was no way the girl who had barely spoken to him the entire time he had been there was the sassy girl he talked to everyday. But what if….

I think I’m already regretting my choice -M

Riley stopped running and checked his cell.

What choice? -R

College! -M

Lol why is that? I didn’t think any school had started up. -R

Riley had hope. If she was already at school she couldn’t be Melody.

No we haven’t started. I told my brother I would be joining him at the university and he is already talking about keeping an eye on me. -M

Can’t blame him for wanting to keep you safe. I’ve seen some crazy things go down at parties and I hear what other guys say about girls. I’d want to keep an eye on you too -R

I don’t need a babysitter thank you -M

Haha I bet you don’t. -R

So how is your vacation going? -M

Not too bad. Just hanging out and trying to stay in shape while on break. Coach would kill me if I took it too easy. -R

I don’t get a break. I still have work and orientation. Got to go talk to you later-M

Bye Sweets -R

---------

Melody woke up to the sun coming through her bedroom curtains. She checked the time and it was already 1130am. She was never a morning person and loved getting to sleep in on the weekends. After grabbing a cup of coffee and some powdered donuts out of the kitchen she crawled back into bed and turned on her tv. She spent the rest of the afternoon in her room. It wasn’t until she smelled lasagna and garlic bread wafting upstairs that she ventured back down to the kitchen. She helped her mom finish setting the table. She could hear the guys playing video games in the other room. She rolled her eyes and wondered if guys ever really grew up. Then she thought about the guy she only knew through messages...now he was more mature. He worked hard in school and he always had such good advice for her. She was so deep in her thoughts she didn't realize the guys had joined them for dinner. 

"Wow Mom this smells amazing. I've missed lasagna night!....hey M&M pass me the bread."

"Okay what's with the nickname?" Riley asked.

"Oh it's her initials M.N.M. Melody Nicole Mitchell. I don't really remember the first time I called you that...we were real little." Landon smiled at his sister.

"And I've hated it since day one!" Melody replied. 

Riley laughed at the siblings. 

After dinner Melody skipped another family movie night, took a shower, and got ready for the work week ahead.

---------

It was Melody’s last week at work before moving into the dorms. To help make some more money she signed on for more shifts. By the time she got home she barely had enough energy to eat, shower, and pass out in bed. Not even pizza and movie family night on Friday.  Besides the daily good mornings and good nights she didn't even get to chat with Riley. She just focused on making it to the weekend. 

By the end of the week Riley was mentally a mess. He was almost certain Melody was his Sweets. He had asked small things about Melody to Landon throughout the week. Plus she was too busy to text and Melody was at work all week. He had to find a way to figure it out before leaving on Sunday. He might have to just ask her straight out.

----------

Melody came downstairs shortly after noon on Sunday. She had spent all weekend packing to move into her dorm. Having slept half the day away she was starving. She made a couple sandwiches, grabbed a bag of chips and a bottle of water, and took it outside. She sat down on the front porch and started eating. She looked around, she was going to miss home. She looked down the street and saw Landon’s friend running back towards the house. He seemed to be in deep thought and didn't notice her until he was already on the porch. 

"Good Morning." She said.

"I believe its afternoon time now."

She just rolled her eyes.

"Haven't seen you around much. Mitchell  tells me you will be a freshman this year."

She nodded her head. "Yeah just finished packing."

"Hey can I ask you a question?"

Landon walks out the front door. He most have just come from the home gym because he was covered in sweat.

"Paxton you better not be flirting with my little sister again." 

"You only have to warn me once man."

Melody rolled her eyes and ignored them. They eventually went inside to clean up and pack, leaving her to finish her food in peace. After a relaxing day and her last lasagna dinner for a while, Melody hugged her brother goodbye...to her surprise his friend also hugged her goodbye and whispered in her ear…

"It was great meeting you Sweets!"

She froze! Before she realized it the guys had already driven off. Her mind was going too fast. With one thing running through her head...only one person has ever called her Sweets.

His Forbidden Sweets (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें