Chapter 41

Riley watched as Melody sat down on her bed and sighed as she started taking off her heels. He wiped the sweat from his palm on his pants while his other hand gripped the box that had been burning a hole in his pocket all night. She looked up at him and he smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. Why was he so nervous…

"Are you ok? You seem a little flushed."

Riley took a deep breath and sat down next to Melody. He looked into her eyes and smiled. 

"Since that first conversation online I haven't been able to get you off my mind. To the moment I saw you and even though I didn't know who you were I was mesmerized. Even after connecting the dots and trying and failing to stay away. You are everything to me. You are the only person I want next to me when I fall asleep and when I wake up."

He watched a dozen emotions run across her face. And wiped her cheeks when a tear or two started to fall. He smiled at her and finally pulled out the box.

-------------

Melody was a mess of emotions, from fear he was ending things to happiness to excitement mixed with fear of what was next. She reached out with shaky hands and accepted the box. She stared at it curiously. It was too big for a ring which was an odd combination of relief and sadness. But it was still rather small. With clumsy fingers she opened the box. Inside was a silver link bracelet with charms on it. She pulled it out and examined it closer. 

"There's a keyboard because we met online, a football for obvious reasons, a M&M for My Sweets, the piece of lasagna was very hard to find i might add, the university logo, and last a diamond ring…"

He paused and looked at her.

"It's a promise. I know things are hard right now with me being so far away. But this is a promise it won't be forever. I don't want to rush this relationship and I don't want it to end just because we are physically apart right now. I hope someday I have the honor of putting a ring on your finger but with my past I know what it feels like to be rushed into life decisions and I don't want us to rush this...because I love this, I love us, I love you My Sweets!"

Melody just sat there listening to his beautiful words while tears ran down her face. How could this man, this gorgeous, smart, loving man be hers?! She had no words. She leaned in and kissed him, passionately!

A/N
Sorry its so short...bit of writers block and a busy life...hope to get this moving a little bit more here soon...sadly an end is coming 😭