CHAPTER-3(mate)

Asher's P.O.V:

Who does she think she is? She ain't my mate. I never even looked at her that way. If there is this stupid mate bond between us then, I must also freaking feel it. Because of that stupid, pathetic, bitch, Rebecca, half of my pack thinks that she is my freaking mate. What happens if my mate is in my very pack? She sure would have felt betrayed.

I quickly mind-linked my mother "I'm going for a run in the woods". I closed the link without waiting for her reply. I can feel my bones break, I immediately shifted into my black wolf.

"Why did you stop me?" It was my wolf, Grey.

I snapped at him, equally mad and pissed "we can't, we allied with them remember!" I tried to make him understand.

"I don't care" he snapped back at me.

He is the normally quiet one, he rarely speaks. But when required he can be quite the opposite. It takes a lot of energy to suppress him.

We came back to our senses when we smelt the most amazing smell. It was lilies and roses.

He started howling with joy and excitement like there is no tomorrow. We even forgot why we were angry.

I was about to ask what happened, he quickly spoke "mate, mate is here, our mate is here".

I was about to turn to search for some clothes to put on, but before I could do so he took control over my body and followed mate's scent.

Asshole.

He walked to our mate. She was staring at us, wide eyes. Slightly tanned skin, beautiful grey eyes, a button nose, pink kissable lips, and ash-blond hair that went down her shoulders. In simple words, she is breath-taking. I quickly thanked the moon goddess for giving me such beauty as my mate.

Man! I'm whipped.

The branch under which she was standing, seemed like it's about to fall.

"Don't just stand there you idiot, save her, or she will be crushed " I yelled at him.

He seemed to be in some kind of trans. But soon he recovered and started running towards her. He jumped on her and pinned her to the ground. Awesome sparks erupted wherever we touched. He looked at her with happiness and concern.

She continued to stare at us with wide eyes. Ah! must have felt the sparks too. As I took a closer look at her face I can see the dark circles under her eyes. She covered them neatly with makeup. A frown made its way out. But she can't see it in my wolf form. She suddenly looked behind me. Probably at the branch.

Grey got off of her, letting her sit. She quickly sat and looked at us, still not believing that she was saved by a wolf.

'Humans' I sighed and shook my head. Grey rested his head on her thigh and there were these amazing sparks. I couldn't get enough of these sparks.

Suddenly there were these sparks on my head. It feels heavenly. It's OUR MATE. She was rubbing my head. My wolf purred with joy. There was this amazing feeling of ecstasy. He soon curled beside her.

She soon fell asleep with my wolf beside her. We were in pure bliss.

After a few minutes, when I was about to sleep, my father mind linked me.

"Son, you need to come here". There was concern in his tone.

"Why? What happened?"

"We are cutting off the alliance with their pack, they have done enough already but we need you so that the elders can know whether you both are mates or not" he spoke with fury.

"You don't believe me?"

"Me believing in you won't shut her up"

"Dad I have good and bad news".

"What is it, son?"

"The good news is that I found my mate and the bad news is she is a human" I finished in one go.

"Well that's good news, don't worry son, everything will be alright" he spoke with a calm and relaxed tone.

"But how?"

"Isn't your sister's mate a human, it did work for her, so it will work for you too, all you have to do is have patience ".

"Thanks, dad"

"Now come on son, the elders will be here soon and your mother is worried sick" with that he cut off the link.

I quickly looked at my beautiful mate. She is sleeping peacefully. She seemed like she needed it.

I quickly marked the surroundings as mine with the help of a spell which only the alpha-blooded can use. It's not like only we can use it, it won't work for others.

Leaving my scent around, I looked at mate one last time.

"I feel bad to leave our mate," said Grey in a sad tone.

"So do I buddy, but we have things to do and people to get rid off".

"Don't be sad buddy, we will come back don't we!"

It wasn't a question. We most certainly will.

Taking a deep breath, I sprinted off to the packhouse.

As soon as I entered the packhouse, the elders arrived.

There was my father (the alpha), my mom(luna), present beta, present gamma, their mates, my soon-to-be beta and gamma, that witch Rebecca and her father (alpha of Nightshade pack), their beta and gamma.

The three elders. The elders can see through other's minds and can tell whether the two wolves share the bond or not etc. They have some power related to light. Long back they used this power to defeat evil. After that, there was no use to use this power so it remained unknown to all of our generations.

The elders called me into my father's cabin. They questioned me and that bitch separately. Then they used their power to find out about our so-called mate bond. Finally, they announced.

"For the mate bond, both mates must feel the mate bond but it seems like Asher here doesn't feel it, and he also claims that he found his mate today, so I declare there is no bond".

Rebecca asks "so what about the bond I feel with him?"

They replied, "it's just infatuation or attraction dear, there is no bond," he told her sternly.

With that, they left, and my father, my mother, our beta, and gamma, and Rebecca's father, their beta, and gamma went to the meeting room.

As soon as they left, Rebecca came and asked "you found your mate?" She seems to be surprised.

My face brightened at that question, I quickly nodded with a yes.

"Who is she?" She asked angrily.

"That's none of your business".

She aggressively promised "you will be mine in the end and I'll make sure of it" and left the packhouse.

I was so shocked that I didn't even notice my best friend, soon-to-be beta, Blake standing beside me.

He must have seen her speaking to me as he quickly asked "what did she say?"

I told him about her promise.

She is a bitch after all.

---------------×----------------×---------------×---------------

Hey guys!

How are you doing?

Don't forget to vote and comment. They mean a lot to me.