CHAPTER-6

Alexandria's P.O.V:

I was currently at my house with Veronica. I completed my preparation for the test in the library with Xavier and completed my homework too. So we are watching 'The Hunger games'.

It's my first time watching it. But it's a good movie. I like the way their costumes catch fire and change to other costumes and the way they whistle to the mockingjays.

Veronica asked, "so.....how many friends did you make?"

I let out a deep sigh and muttered " five".

She clapped her hands together with excitement. She is happy for me. But I suddenly remembered our conversation.

"Do you know Asher's parents?" I quickly asked.

She replied a bit unsure as if she was hiding something "yeah, his mom is my best friend".

I wanted to ask what she was hiding but thought against it. She will tell me when the time is right.

She nervously asked, "why do you ask?"

I replied, "he is one of my five friends".

I also added, "hey, do you think I can go to a party next week with them".

She shrugged "why not? But as your guardian, I must say be back by nine don't drink too much and stay with your friends, and don't go with someone unknown".

I'm stunned. How can anyone send someone like me, just like that, that too a party?

Suddenly she seemed like she remembered something unpleasant.

She looks up to me and says "I just remembered something, I'll be back, how about you arrange the table so we can eat".

I sigh, nodding at her.

As she left for her room, I started arranging the plates and all.

After almost forty minutes she comes out of her room in a foul mood. Her whole face screams 'no'.

We start eating in silence.

This is awkward.

Frustrated, I asked her "what happened?"

"There is a problem, they are bringing new patients, I have to go to the asylum for two weeks" she was looking everywhere but me.

The asylum is in New York and we live in Idaho.

I groaned "when are you leaving?"

She gave me an apologetic smile "next week I think".

I frowned at her "that quick".

She nodded before saying "you can invite your friends if you want".

"You know what, you are surprising me a lot nowadays" I stated genuinely.

She gave me a nervous smile "so you are gonna invite them?"

I shrugged not sure.

She wanted me to turn normal like all the kids. I'm trying and she knows that. It's hard to trust anyone.

I know it's been a year. Veronica says I'm fine now cuz I stopped all the cutting and stuff four months ago. The asylum's board members decided that I was fine now, so I was released from that hell a month ago.

Sighing we made our way to the dining table and ate our dinner.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
~~~~~~~~~~》day of the party《~~~~~~~~~~

"You should've died instead of her" my father yelled.

"You are a mistake" his brother spoke with pure disgust.

"You are the reason she is dead" they yelled.

"It was an accident" I begged.

I was lifted by my hair by him. He made me stand and dragged me towards the wall. He hit my head to the wall. I fell. I can feel warm liquid flowing down my face. There was this stinging pain in my forehead. I opened my eyes to see his foot inches away from my stomach. He was about to hit me.

I woke up. I looked around. I was relieved that I am in my room.

Nightmare. It's a nightmare. 'Calm down Lexi! It's just a nightmare. They are not going to find you.' I calmed myself.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

I finally managed to calm myself. Looking at the nightstand, it's 4:00 a.m.

I made my way to the bathroom. I quickly undressed myself and took my cold shower. I wore a long-sleeved blouse with high-waisted jeans. I tried my hair into a messy bun. I took out my black heels. I applied some concealer and mascara.

It's still early even for the sun to shine. I took out the canvas board and took out my paints.

I started to paint aimlessly. Every time I paint, I am so lost that I can't concentrate on what I paint. It's like my hand has its own mind.

My art reveals my pain, all the torture, all the blame they put on me. For being born. I'm a mistake after all that was never meant to open her eyes and see the world.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door. I quickly hid my painting under my bed. I opened the door.

"Get ready and come do- oh! You are already ready" she finally looked at me.

I flashed her my fake smile.

We both made our way to the kitchen. She made us breakfast.

We ate in silence.

She dropped me at my school and spoke "sorry but ask Asher to drop you home, I have a patient".

I groaned again and waved at her anyways. Once again everyone is looking at me.

I'm already pissed that I had to be alone in the house and asking him to drop me home, it's not that bad but I feel shy, and now they are making me even more pissed.

I yelled trying to sound confident and threatening "what the fuck are you staring at, don't you all have anything else to do?"

Well, it worked cuz everyone went back to their conversations. I walked to my locker took out my books and turned around only to find Asher himself.

He is handsome and cold as usual. His electric blue eyes stare into my dull grey eyes.

I just stood there, staring at him. I even forgot why I was pissed. He smirked, caught me staring.

Boys and their smirks.

"So, I'm going to drive you home today" he smiled at me showing off his cute dimples. Aww, he has dimples. But why is he smiling at me? I'm just some fucked up girl.

I nodded at him and was about to turn, he caught my wrist. There they were. Those sparks. I'm used to it by now.

I kept my face blank and looked at him.

He asked, "do you trust me?"

Of course. I wanted to yell at him. But instead, I shrugged and replied "why do you ask?"

He ordered, "bunk with me".

-------------------×-----------------×-----------------×------------------

Hey guys, how are you all?

So,....what do you think of this chapter?

I hope you like it.

Don't forget to vote and comment.