CHAPTER-5(introductions)

Alexandria's P.O.V:

      It was lunch now. I made my way to the cafeteria after putting my things into my locker. As soon as I opened the cafeteria doors the whole cafeteria went silent. Everyone was watching me.

What is wrong with these people? They are watching me like I was an alien.

Oh, God! I'm so sorry that I never prayed for you but please rescue me, I promise I will definitely pray for you from now onwards.

In a far corner, I can see a particular redhead waving at me like a mad girl. EMMA.

I quickly made my way and sat beside her, only to find the guy who was staring at me was sitting there. There were two more guys too.

The person who was staring at me was too handsome or should I say hot. Raven black hair, mesmerizing blue eyes, perfect jawline. I can see his perfectly built body through that t-shirt of his.

Damn! Lexi stop staring at him.

I quickly looked away.

Emma introduced "guys, this is Lexi"

"Lexi, this is Asher, Blake my ma..ah boyfriend and Xavier ".

So the hot guy is Asher, suits him. The chocolate brown-haired guy is Blake and the dirty blond one is Xavier.

Blake and Xavier greeted me. The Asher guy extended his hand and said "you are the new girl right".

It wasn't a question, more like a statement.

I shook his hand. Then again I felt those SPARKS. Exactly like the wolf. But the wolf was a dream, right?

He simply smiled at my shocked face. Am I going insane? I quickly withdrew my hand.

Blake asked, "so Lexi, where are you from?"

"New York ".

"What is your favorite ice cream?" it was Xavier.

"Black current"

"And what about mint?"

"I don't like that toothpaste flavor".

"Hell yeah! we can totally be friends" he yelled grinning like an idiot.

He quickly added, "you see these two idiots love mint". Pointing out Asher and Blake.

They both just shrugged giving off their innocent looks.

I chuckled at him, showing him I was enjoying his company but I wasn't, all my smiles, laughs, and chuckles, they are never real ones. No one ever notices them. And I keep it that way. Now I became an expert in faking a smile and hiding emotions.

Emma spoke hesitantly "so..next week is Xavier's birthday so there will be a party next week....so...I want you to come there".

I quickly turned towards her, I thought my neck would break for sure.

"Me?"

"Yes, you!"

"Ok"

"Thanks" she smiled brightly.

"Why?" I asked not sure why she thanked me.

"You are the only girlfriend I have" she gave me a sly smile.

I didn't know we were friends. It feels good.

'Enjoy with your friends while you still can, they will soon find the truth' the little voice told me.

"One of us will pick you up, so be ready by seven" there was a mischievous glint in her eyes as she smiled.

She quickly asked, "where do you live?"

I gave her the address. She was surprised by seeing the address. She questioned, "you live with Ms.Everdeen?"

I nodded a yes. I quickly added, "how do you know her?"

"Oh! She and Asher's mom are best friends".

"Oh!" Hmm....new information.

"What is your full name?"

I looked at the source only to find Asher.

"Alexandria Rose Everdeen". I spoke smoothly. I have been saying that a lot.

"You are her relative?" This time it was Blake.

"Yes," I replied calmly. We have practiced this over and over again, that I was her cousin's daughter.

Soon we ate our lunch and went to our classes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Now I think I have a free period. Let's check the library. I love libraries. I ain't any bookworm or something. Libraries are just peaceful.

This is one huge library. I started walking through it. Suddenly I was startled by someone's hand on my shoulder. I immediately dropped the book from my hand.

I can hear that person muttering a sorry. Turning around it was Xavier.

He chuckled at my paled expression. Glaring at him, I started walking away.

"Hey, sorry, never in my life will I startle you again, I promise". He apologized.

I turned around and asked what he wanted.

"I actually need your help" he replied giving me hopeful eyes.

I quickly whispered, "in what?"

We must keep it low cuz we are in a library. The librarian already gave me a look that says 'be quiet or I'll kick you out'.

As we made our way to the bench he spoke "I saw you today at math class, you were amazing, so I thought you'd help me with the test".

Yeah, we have a test tomorrow. I was going to prepare at home, alone but it's good to have someone. Right?

So I shrugged and muttered, "um...sure".

We started with our preparation. Xavier is a fast learner. I only had to explain once. I completed all the explanation parts and soon it was time for our next class. Art.

I love art. It is the only thing that helps me forget my past. The one thing that keeps me sane.

We quickly made our way to the class. As I was going for the last seat, Xavier pulled me to the middle seat.

Before me, there was Emma and Blake. Behind me Xavier sat with a girl, flirting. Soon the seat beside me was taken. I turned to look to find it was taken by none other than Asher.

I looked into his eyes, those ocean-blue eyes.

Oh, Lexi! What has happened to you? I never felt this way to anyone. So why am I feeling now and those sparks? What's with all those sparks? I read in some books that when you feel sparks with someone when you have skin-to-skin contact, then you both are soul mates. That you are meant to be together. But that was a fiction book.

What the fuck am I thinking? Since when did I start believing in soul mates? I know they aren't real. At least that's what I think?

I was brought back by his smirk "seems like you found something interesting".

I can feel my ears turn red. I quickly looked away.

What the fuck is happening to me? Since when have I started feeling shy? I think I lost my mind.

He started speaking with so much authority "Rose, you-".

But he was cut off when our art teacher entered. I looked at him confused as he chose to call me by my middle name. But he didn't look at me.

Our art teacher started explaining some tricks which helped with our sketches.

---------------×-----------------×----------------×-------------

So here is chapter 5. I hope you all will like it.