Chapter 8

"Oh cut the crap Matthew"

Instead of answering his sister Matthew just turned to me, a sheepish smile plastered on his face "Let me read the letter you got today and I might give you a tip"

"One, 'might' really isn't gonna cut it and two, no", I told him "It's personal"

"But you let these two read it", he frowned, pointing to Sarah and Sophia.

"Yeah, because they were with me when I read it", I responded.

"Can't you just give us a tip anyway? Pretty please?", Sophia said with the most innocent voice possible, batting her eyelashes at him.

"That only works on Oliver, sweetheart", Matthew chuckled, her face immediately turning into a scowl "Screw you"

"Stop changing the subject, dipshit", I snipped at him, his green gaze coming back to mine.

"You know who it is", he nodded before I continued "So what, you're doing all his dirty work?"

Sarah laughed, clapping her hands together "HA, you're someone's little bitch"

"I am not", Matthew glared at his sister "I'm just helping"

Sarah wiggled her brows at him "Because you're his little bitch"

My lips pressed into a fine line as I watched the Miller siblings. Sarah's really pushing it...

"Alright, so let's say you're helping", I drew the attention back to me "What do you get out of it?"

"I told you, I'm just interested", Matthew shrugged, making me cross my arms "But why though?"

"I- Uhm...", a grin spread on my lips as he scratched his head, his gaze turning away. There we go...

"Ella's right, you're not the guy to care about all the drama", Sophia lips tucked up as she leaned forward in her seat "Unless you've got a reason to care"

I smirked, Sarah speaking the words running through my mind "You're close with this person, aren't you?"

Matthew looked away again, staying silent.

"Well, I think we have our answer ladies", Sarah leaned back in her chair as I nodded. At this rate I'll know who this person is within the week...

"Oh my god, we're just like detectives", I chuckled at Sophia before turning back to Matthew, who threw me a few awkward glances "So is h-"

"Alright, enough with the questions", he held his hands up "I'll give you a tip if you three leave me alone about it"

"Deal", I hummed. Seems fair...

He cleared his throat "Okay, so I can't tell you a lot-"

"No shit, caption obvious", I shoved Sarah. These two and their constant need to insult each other honestly keeps amazing me.

Matthew shook his head before continuing "But I can tell you that he's really protective of you. I saw that on Friday"

Protective over me? I swallowed, looking down as his words settled in. It's weird, why would he be protective over me?

"So we just have to bring her in danger and he'd come to save the day?" I looked up, frowning at the redhead.

"You guys, I'm kidding", she scoffed before she shifted closer to me "So, are you nervous about your date tonight?"

Date? What is she ta-

For fuck's sake...

I gave her a blank stare "It's not a date"