Chapter 17

"As a friend", I answered truthfully and she nodded in understanding. Well fuck, this has been bugging me for weeks now. In the beginning I just thought it was normal. I was still learning to trust him and we were still getting to know each other but it's been almost 4 months...

I care for him, really do but I can't change how I feel. I feel more like friends than lovers when I'm with him, I don't feel the tingles in my stomach whenever he would pick me up for a date, I don't feel the passion whenever we would make out and most importantly he doesn't have me addicted to him and his games. Not like he does.

Goddammit

"Let's just get you drunk for the evening and we'll figure something out tomorrow", Sophia said handing me my jacket and my bag. Right, maybe I need that.

"Thanks", I told her and she gave me a sweet smile. "What are friends for"

"We better leave, Sarah wanted us to come early and we're already late", Sophia added and we made our way out the house, locking the door behind us. Sarah and her brother were giving a bonfire tonight, most of our friends coming.

When we arrived, we already saw cars parked in the driveway. Ringing the doorbell, we both waited until the door opened, showing Sarah already with a beer in her hand.

"You already started?" Sophia pouted, motioning to the beer.

"Yeah, so you better catch up", she told Sophia before turning to me with a stern expression "Not you tho, you suck at drinking".

"Gee, thanks", I shook my head at her and the three of us made our way inside. I've been at Sarah's place before and it's nothing to big but it's very cosy, very homey. We walked up to the kitchen, stopping when we heard talking.

"You know you can't keep playing her like that right?" I heard Matthew say, his voice pretty serious. We stood at the doorway as the guys stood with their backs to us.

"She doesn't know so what's the problem?" Oliver answered back, his shoulder looking pretty tense.

"That is exactly the problem", Matthew said, a bit louder this time.

"Guys", Sarah said, the guys attention turning to us. The immediately started smiling, acting like we didn't just hear what they said. I'd hoped Sarah had waited a little longer though...

"What's up girls, you want some beer?" Matthew asked and held two out for us.

"Thanks", Sophia and I said as the room went into an awkward silence.

"Allright, we'll be outside", Sarah said, Sophia and I following her out.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Sophia said looking back at me.

"Not sure", I answered before Sarah spoke up "If he is your little stalker, then he just got majorly caught"

I nodded and couldn't help but notice the hurt on Sophia's face. It was barely there and even though she was good at hiding it, I could see it.

I'm really gonna kick his ass if it turn out to be him. I like him, sure but I wouldn't do that to Sophia.

"Finally", Ethan said coming our way. I looked behind him to see already around 15 people sitting there, mostly guys though.

"What's up Ethan?" I smiled at him as he threw his arms around me and Sophia.

"I've been waiting for some better company", he said dramatically, pushing his feet of the ground and hanging all his weight on me and Sophia. He drank already enough I see.

"Ethan", Sophia whined, barely holding him up.

"And I've been waiting to be able to say this for quite a while now", he ignored her comment and calmly put his feet back on the ground.