Chapter 37

"Hey lovebirds", the voice pulled me out of my trance and I quickly pulled away from Daniel. My eyes darted up the cliff to see all our friends looking down at us and I could feel my face completely turn red.

"Sorry for the interruption but all the stuff isn't going to set up itself", Matthew smirked down and I diverted my gaze back to Daniel, who was giving the same expression to Matthew. Boys...

"We'll be right up", he responded as I felt his arm creep around my waist again.

"You've got five minutes, Sanders", Jason said before he turned around. The rest followed but I didn't miss the expression on Sophia and Sarah's face. They are so gonna interrogate me...

"You look cute when you're embarrassed", he left me speechless again as I took in all that just happened. Of course they had to find us kissing...

"We should go up", I threw out, quickly swimming to the edge of the lake as I felt him follow me. I got out, feeling heavy and cold as my cloths were completely drenched.

I turned to him with a glare and he chuckled "You want a sweater of mine?"

I 'angrily' nodded before turning around and walking up the little hill to see the rest putting their stuff in the tents. I walked over to Sarah and I pouted the moment she turned to me with a big smile on her face "I suppose you guys kissed and made up"

I just nodded and proceeded to grab my stuff I had dropped earlier.

"Good, I couldn't believe it anyway that he would do something like that", Sarah reminded me again and I started thinking again. I believe him and I feel stupid I didn't from the beginning but no one else could have known.

Shaking my head, I disregarded it for now and focused on helping the rest with setting up, and changing clothes of course.

Two hours later, half of us was situated around a small campfire while Eric, Jason, Ethan and Matthew had drove of to get some food.

I was enjoying this as we all talked and Daniel's hand had found it's way to mine, our fingers intertwined.

"No, I don't think so. His parents are home this weekend", I spoke as Sophia asked me if Alexander was giving any parties.

"That's sad, I guess we'll just go drinking next week then", she responded and Oliver chuckled "You honestly have to reduce your weekly intake of whine".

"I only have like one or two bottles a week and I didn't even have any this week", she whined and he just shook his head with a smile, pulling her closer.

"You poor thing, you must have had the worst week out of all of us", Sarah commented but her face changed as she made eye contact with me. And there was the look of pity again, I'm fucking done with it.

"Alright, can you guys stop feeling sorry for me. Just ask whatever you want to ask and then we can all just be done with it", I cried out and felt myself calm a little as I felt a soft squeeze in my hand.

"How old were you?" the first question came from Blake as I turned to her "I was 15 when I met him but I was 16 when.." I stopped myself as I knew they knew what I meant.

"Did he hurt you a lot?" Oliver asked, his face looking pissed. They really cared for me...

"Not in the beginning but later it was in periods, one worse then the other", I said, not feeling like getting into detail.

"What was he like? I mean, how did you get together?", Sophia asked after and I sighed "He was absolutely charming in the beginning", I stopped as I felt Daniels hand tighten. I shouldn't have called him that.