Chapter 15

When Friday finally came, so did the nerves. Sophia cancelled the hairdresser when she heard about the date and had come over to help me get ready.

"So he really didn't say anything about what you're gonna do?" she asked stressed.

"No, he told me to just wear a dress or something", I told her again and fell back on the bed.

"He's such a guy", she said, clearly frustrated as she scanned the dressed in my closet.

"How about this?" she held up a nice loose red dress I wore to a wedding party once.

"Isn't it too much?" I asked, not sure if it was or not. I mean I really liked the dress but I don't want to look all fancy when he would just take me to the movies or something.

"And what if you wear it with a jeans jacket. Then if you feel underdressed, you can just lose the jacket" And thank you Sophia.

"Perfect", I said and she handed me the clothing. I went with some white sneakers cause I'm a tall bitch anyway. Good things most of the guys at school are as well.

"Allright, allright, lemme see", Sophia took a few steps back and motioned for me to turn.

"You're missing something", she said, scanning me to look what it is.

"I thought that too", I looked at the door and saw my mother standing in the doorway, doing the exact same as Sophia. I couldn't help but laugh about that.

"A necklace?", Sophia turned to my mother and she nodded.

"Be right back, don't move", my mother said and walked out of the room. After a minute she came back and held a familiar necklace in her hand.

"Mom...", I said as I looked at the necklace my grandmother used to wear. She passed away a few years ago.

My mother didn't say anything and stepped behind me, putting the necklace on.

"There", I heard her say before she went to stand next to Sophia.

"Perfect", Sophia said and my mom nodded in agreement.

"Now we just have to wa-", Sophia said, being interrupted by the doorbell.

"Perfect timing. Let's go", she said as she and mom both started to usher me downstairs.

The both smiled at me brightly as they waited for me to answer the door. I shook my head at them before opening the door.

"Hey", he said, his eyes glued to mine. He was looking dashingly handsome but then again, it's Liam.

I stepped outside, hanging my purse over my shoulder "Hey"

"You look beautiful" he eyed me over, flashing me his perfect smile when his eyes met mine again.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself", I told him, earning a chuckle from the two behind me.

"Let's go?" I said and looked back one time at my mother and Sophia who both gave me a thumps up before closing the front door. I guess Sophia's staying until I'm back.

We got in the car and he wouldn't tell me where were going, much to my annoyance. When the car slowed down, my mouth dropped as we drove up to one of the fanciest restaurant in town. Holy shit. I was suddenly really happy Sophia choose this dress.

Liam parked his car and he being the gentleman he is, ran to my site to open the door for me.

"Reservation for Marshall", he told the waiter when we walked in while tightly holding my hand.