Lost Haunted Girls

"What?" Stefan asked, shocked.

"I know what you are." Elena repeated then she frowned. "Did I just sound like Bella Swan?"

"How?" Stefan looked at her.

"Little things that when put together just made sense and of course the old man from the grill yesterday came to talk to me." Elena shrugged.

"And you're not scared of me?" Stefan asked hopefully.

"Should I be?" Elena looked at him seriously.

"NO!" Stefan exclaimed. "I would never hurt you."

"Then the only thing I'm going to say is that all those so-called animal attacks." Elena raised an unimpressed eyebrow at him. "You could have been a bit more discreet."

"Those animal attacks were Damon's doing." Stefan defended himself. "I don't drink human blood."

"Then can you tell him to be a little more discreet?" Elena smiled at him. "And what do you drink then, if not human blood?"

"You don't care that he's killed people?" Stefan couldn't really wrap his head around that. "And I choose to survive by drinking animal blood."

"Not really, no." Elena shrugged. "He has to eat, doesn't he? I can't go around judging him or you based on human laws and rules, because you aren't human, it wouldn't be fair."

"You can't tell anyone about this." Stefan half begged half told her.

"If I feel it would be safer for Jeremy, aunt Jenna and Caroline to know about vampires, I will tell them, but I promise to tell you if I do choose to tell them." Elena smiled the she realized she had met him at the door and turned to walk out. "Oh, sorry, you were on your way somewhere."

Stefan vamp-sped in front of her before she could get in her car. "Can we meet up for breakfast tomorrow? I can tell you everything then."

"First of; that was really cool." Elena looked at him with big eyes, sparkling with happiness and wonder. "Second; yeah sure, breakfast sounds good, but you are paying."

Stefan smiled in wonder at her. "Sure, I'll pay."

XOXOXOX

Elena and Stefan were sitting at the coffee place, Elena having ordered a hot chocolate and a freshly baked cupcake while Stefan only ordered regular black coffee.

"So, you said you would explain everything." Elena looked at Stefan as they waited for their order. "When you google 'vampires' you get a world of fiction. What's the reality?"

"Ask away about what you want to know and I'll answer what I can." Stefan smiled in encouragement.

"Well, I know you eat garlic." Elena smirked. "And sunlight's not an issue, obviously."

"Hi, here are your drinks and your cupcake." A waitress put down their order and smiled when Elena thanked her for it.

"We have rings or other jewelry to protect us, spelled by a witch." Stefan said as soon as the waitress was gone.

"Crucifixes and holy ground?" Elena took a slow sip of her hot chocolate.

"Decorative and we did meet in a graveyard." Stefan reminded her with a smile.

"Oh right." Elena blushed. "Holy water?"

"Drinkable." Stefan looked shocked at the groan Elena gave.

"That's just great." Elena groaned. "That is one great vampire joke that won't work anymore."

"Vampire joke?" Stefan asked.