Turning Bloodlines

The next morning Elena woke up to the sound of a pen on paper, she slowly sat up and saw Jeremy sitting on his desk chair, sketching. She smiled and mumbled good morning to him as she walked out of his room.

After her shower Elena decided to wear a tight black, sleeveless top, dark camouflage cargo pants, sneakers and one of Jeremys jackets. Elena chose to wear a teardrop necklace and small hoop earrings to complete the outfit.

As she walked into the kitchen she smiled at Jenna. "Jeremy's got his sketch pad out."

"You're kidding?" Jenna looked ecstatic at the news.

"Nope, but don't say a word." Elena looked up the stairs. "The minute we encourage him, he'll put it away."

"Psychology major." Jenna smirked. "Check that!"

"Anyway, I have something for you and Jeremy." Elena smiled at picked up her bag. "Jeremy, can you come down here?"

"What's up?" Jeremy asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Presents!" Elena beamed. "As thanks for you two being there for me."

"Lena, you don't have to thank me for that." Jeremy murmured as he pulled her into a hug.

"I agree." Jenna smiled sadly, still horrified about what had happened to her niece.

"I know, but I wanted to." Elena shrugged as she pulled back from Jeremy. "First to the absolute best aunt in the world."

Elena held out a small box towards Jenna. When she opened it, she gasped, inside was a beautiful locket in silver with Aunt engraved on the front. When Jenna opened the locket there was a picture of Elena and Jeremy smiling, the picture was taken around a year ago from a trip with their parents.

 When Jenna opened the locket there was a picture of Elena and Jeremy smiling, the picture was taken around a year ago from a trip with their parents

"Oh, it's beautiful. Thank you!" Jenna hugged Elena tightly. "Help me put it on?"

"Of course, I'm just glad you like it." Elena fastened the necklace. What Jenna didn't know was that there was a hidden compartment behind the picture that contained vervain, so she would be protected against compulsions.

"And for Jeremy." Elena looked through her bag again and pulled out two boxes. One green and the other blue. She gave the blue one to Jeremy as she put the green one in her pocket.

The bright smile on Jeremys face as he opened his present was worth everything to Elena. In the box was a men's ring, it was pure black, with a black, square stone and in the stone the Gilbert crest was carved in silver.