Chapter 8

Arriving at Alice place, Cassie cannot help but admire the building, the décor in the lobby alone screamed luxury, how on earth did Alice afford it.

I know what your thinking, remember my aunt Mary, she lives here also not the same floor as mine, and because of her I got this lesser than the other tenants.

What does it have to do with your aunt?

Oh! I forgot to tell you, the owner of this building is aunt Mary’s boss. He gifted  them a unit here, Uncle Ben is also  his driver, they soon to retire though.

How generous of him, Cassie thought.

Not to mention very wealthy and so handsome, he’s every woman’s dream supplied Alice.

Raising her eyebrows, have you forgotten you have a boyfriend already?

Oh! a girl can dream,who doesn’t ? as much as I love Ethan, you can’t fault a girl for dreaming right? Wait  until you see him, he owns the entire top floor the penthouse.  Imagine how big it is, he seldom stay in here though, he has his own mansion outside the  city.

I’m not interested, exclaimed Cassie..

Oh, yeah! because of the guy you called jerk?

Whatever..,, answered Cassie.

Whatever indeed…

Heading the elevator, Alice greeted the doorman. Hi  Jimmy ! this is my bestfriend Cassie, she’ll be staying with me from now on.

Oh hi! I’m Cassie, waiting for a reply..

Uhm,  I’m sorry.. it's just I’m struck, I’ve never seen such a beauty, no offense Ms. Alice,..

None taken, I know the feeling, if I were a guy I would fall for Cassie also.

Blushing, Cassie nudge Alice, must you say that?

What? It’s true, your perfect..

Perfect my ass, and you know that, laughing at their own joke  because they both know what a hellion Cassie is, and she’s far from being perfect.

Wow! what a nice looking view you have here! you can even see the empire state building, and this room wow!

I know, that’s what I thought also when I first came here. Let me show you to your room so you can relax, I know how tired you are.

Oh! looking at the huge bed, it’s more spacious than I thought, I love it! Cassie is  jumping right in the bed.

I’m glad you like it, actually it’s fully furnished when I moved here. Imagine my surprise when I ask my aunt how much rent it’s gonna cost me, and guess what!! only a thousand  for these luxuries, and it’s completely safe, beside the doorman there is also a guard 24/7.

This building caters for the wealthy no wonder the security is tight. Some celebrities lives here also, so don’t be surprise if  there are paparazzi lurking outside. Later, I will give you a tour in the amenities, you can use it for free anytime.