Chapter 9

Cassandra, don’t you know how worried we were when you didn’t call us? your father is at wit’s end, you know how he is.

I’m sorry aunt Maggie, my phone’s battery is drained, I was just able to charge it when I got here. Can I talk to Dad?  I need to assure him that I’m safe and okay. She heard her father’s voice in the background.

Cassandra, with a miffed tone.

I know Dad, I know.. please don’t be angry, Alice here is in my side ,you can talk to her..

Hi uncle Fred, don’t worry about Cassie here, she is safe with me. I promise to look out for her, Alice know how to placate her uncle, and give the phone back to Cassie.

See Dad I’m fine, after the scolding she recieves from her father,  she turned off her phone and turned to Alice. So what’s next?

Uhm…maybe we should stay here tonight and order some pizza, I know your tired.

No problem with me, and maybe we can watch a movie, just hang out and chill like the old times.

A few minutes later,the pizza delivery arrived.

Maybe we should eat in the living room while watching a movie, suggested Cassie.

Good idea, oh how I miss this, remember back at home, we used to do this all the time with Nate and Jacob. How are they anyway? when are  they coming home? I missed those rascals and our constant bickerings. I bet they become stoic  now  in the army.

When we talked last time they said they were coming home before  Christmas. I'm really excited to see them, it's been almost a year they haven't home.

Those happy days with fond memories,  reminisced both Cassie and Alice.

In the  middle of watching  Cassie cannot help to stifle a yawn,  her eyes becomes heavy.

Alice watching Cassie's tired form suggested to  call off the night.

Both girls, said their goodnight and heading into their room.