Chapter 25

Back in the car Kevin ask , what was that?

What? Alex tried to divert the conversation.

There...back in the restaurant, I know how much you hated sweets eversince. Least, let a woman feed you not minding you're in the restaurant full of people watching. Did you even consider, what if there are paparazzi lurking nearby taking pictures? You cannot afford for another gossip, considering the latest issue between you and Katherine. What worries me is Cassie, she would be caught in the middle and may even drag her name in the mud. You know those vultures, they don't care to ruin anyone's reputation as long as there is monetary involve.

Don't exaggerate the situation, let's cross the bridge when we get there. No one dares to mess with me. And do you think I would let anyone hurt Cassie? For God's sake, she's like a daughter to Mary and I considered her as my family.  Regarding your other question about my taste in sweets, it has been changed, I don't hate it infact I like it just fine.

Kevin has a disbelief look on his face, but choose not to peruse the issue further. "You know Cassie is the woman I told you about earlier, what do you think of her?

What I think is irrelevant, I don't know her well enough to form an opinion.

So you're not going to feel any resentment If I'm going to pursue Cassie?

Alex scoffed,  and why would I do that? you're my besfriend, your happiness is what matters to me.

Even in the expense of the woman you like? Kevin persist.

Alex remained silent, he didn't know how to answer that. He admit that he feel apprehensive knowing there's a chance Cassie might fall for Kevin.

Thought so...if you liked her as much as I do, then we can have a friendly competition in capturing Cassie's heart. As your bestfriend, well do it fair and square. It's up to Cassie who she's going to choose. And we have to promise that whoever win her affection, our friendship won't suffer...Deal?....and gentleman's honor.

Are we getting ahead of ourselves? The woman involved with doesn't even know anything about us , and yet here we are  having this agreement behind her back. Who does that? And when the time comes she would know about this, what would she feel? She might think were betting on her affection and played her emotions. She might be oozing with sophistication but you can't deny she's not worldly but innocent, that's what I liked about her.

So, you finally admit that you liked her too. I know you won't say it verbally, but your actions said so. You think I didn't notice they way you looked at her, like there's no one else , and you're not even discreet about it. I haven't seen you took interest in a woman before and give her your full attention, that's why I asked you about this. I can't fault you though, I know whoever wins her heart will be the luckiest bastard on earth.

Alexander just make a grunt sound...he cannot imagine that he and Kevin would have this conversation about a woman. But she's not just any woman he thought, infact... a very exceptional woman who is worth the adoration and complete devotion of any man.

While Cassie cannot help but felt distraught of what happened earlier at the restaurant. She just now realized the ramification of what she'd done.  Feeding Alexander the dessert with her spoon, it's too intimate for anyone who saw them. Who does that to a person you know nothing about ? He's not even considered an acquiantance. Though they meet twice already , both of those times have been coincidence.

Considering the circumstances behind it, she wouldn't even contemplate in finding it pleasant. Tonight had been the time they were formally introduced. And what vexed her most is the jerk has the gall to turn the table on her, daring her to admit that they meet again last night.

It's his fault anyway... considering Alice inquisitive nature , that's why she work's in a publishing company, she won't let the issue rest easily. She would surely drilled her for details, and she doesn't have the energy to answer whatever question she had on her mind. Knowing her, she won't stop until you spill the beans.

That's what she dreaded on, it's not that she didn't want Alice to know what happened. She just have a reservation in sharing something delicate, even it was her bestfriend.

What happened last night, is between Alex and her only, she didn't want to divulge the almost intimate details, she wanted to keep it to herself. Lucky tonight she had a little reprieve because Ethan reprimand Alice to let her be.

She's a bit apprehensive, what would she say to Alice tomorrow, she promised to comeby after Ethan goes to work. Yes, Alice file a leave of absence in work, so she can spend time with Cassie, but sadly she had to stay at Ethan's place for a few days.

Cassie understand that, she never would want Alice to re- arranged her life schedule just because she's here, and besides they would meet up everyday.

Still a litlle bit tired from the remnants of last night hangover, she decided to went to bed early. Feeling drowsy, she let herself succumb into oblivion, but before she close her eyes she whisper the name Alexander...with a lingering smile.