12. BROKEN

'The devil you know, they says, is better than the angel you do not know'

LAUREN POV

The heat of the moment had me turning to a puddle, moaning mess. If we had neighbours I'm sure they would have probably knock on my door asking us to keep mute or reduce the sounds escaping our mouth which has manage to swept the surrounding like the songbirds in the early hour of the morning. I totally lost track of my senses as I dive into the ocean of bodily pleasures gluing my skin to his. Part of my dress had been rein apart by desires leaving me half naked with the only piece of clothing covering my natural assets being the undies.

"Whoa! What on earth is going on here?"

An all familiar voice startle me beyond explanation as I jump off Hillary's body and scramble to my feet adjusting the remaining torn dress I have left on me.

"What are you doing here? You didn't tell me you were coming over?" I manage to mutter hiding my face with my hair.

"Clearly, you were too busy to answer or return my calls" Nelly drop her pink box on the floor loudly and fold her hands around her slim figure narrowing an accusing stares at Hillary.

If looks could kill, Hillary would have been long gone, perhaps six feet under by now. Nelly walk around us and sit on the spot we just made out. She took her time to sniff around the couch area while I blow some air out of my mouth and send a pleading look to a baffle Hillary who didn't know how to explain himself obviously.

"Ugh...I should probably be on my way, will see you around?" Hillary mumble with his head held down. It's a surprise how I still manage to hear his whispering mumbling words.

"It baffles me why you're still here" Nelly voice out colly then stare back at my torn dress.

I nodded his way and wait till he walks around the couch where Nelly's legs were, she place it there on purpose. Nelly's eyes dance around Hillary the whole time till he disappear from our presence.

"Okay, let me guess...."

"It's not what you think, trust me" I cut in defending myself bluntly.

Nelly is my cousin and she is as tactical as a tortoise, finding me in such compromizing situation is making my heart leap with fear. She can go out and start blabbing to the world what she think she had seen.

"How do you know what I'm thinking? Are you in my head?" She ask with a smirk cocking her head to the side.

"Wash that smirk off your face. Nothing happen"

"Come on, sis. Nothing happen with you being half naked with that guy? Wait! Is that not your husband's friend? What mess are you creating for yourself this time, huh?" She drop a black leather handbag that has hung on her shoulder perfectly to the couch and cross her legs waiting for me to starts spitting out all relevant information pertaining to what she saw.

Knowing Nelly, she will not rest until I empty my bowl of truth.

"Is your husband aware that you dated his friend years ago and that you two are doing unthinkable things together?" She demanded

"No...look, it not what you think" She raised her brows in disbelief. I sighed then attempt an explanation again. "Hillary and I never had any intimacy while we were dating back then. Nelly, I will fix this okay, and what you see here is actually not what it is. I got carry away" I answer joining her on the couch.

"You're not making sense right now and I don't want to make sense of what I just witnessed between you and that excuse of a friend" She furrow her brows "I caught you at the verge of having sex with another man in your matrimonial home. I'm more than convinced you'd have gotten down with him if I didn't show up. He's your husband's best friend for crying out loud, Lauren. What if it was Nick that walk right in on you?"