Sunflower Vol.6

Yn PoV:
I take a deep breathe before I knock on the door and the door immediately opens to show Reid with a smile on his face. "Hi", I say.

"Hey, come in", he says gesturing me in and I walk into his apartment. I step in and look around and it's almost exactly as I pictured it. The layout of his apartment was exactly the same as mine but the colour scheme was rather different, it was a mixture of dark reds and browns with books everywhere; every surface had books on it from the sofa to the kitchen to the actual bookshelves. "S-sorry it's a huge mess", he said whilst rubbing the back of his neck.

 "S-sorry it's a huge mess", he said whilst rubbing the back of his neck

"Oh no, it's great exactly what I expected", I say.

"Are you saying that I'm a mess yn", Reid says seriously.

"No no that not what I meant- what I was trying to say tha-"

"I'm just joking", he interrupts me chuckling as he walks towards his sofa clearing mainly the books that he bought yesterday onto the coffee table. "I finished them by the way", he tell me before continuing, "the books that I bought yesterday"

"All of them?", I say in shock and he nods at me, "Geez, I don't think I've ever been more envious of someone", I say laughing lightly.

"Don't you find it weird", he said surprised.

"If you mean weird as in insanely cool, then yes", I say and he smiles at me and my heart warms. "So did you like the books?"

"Mhm", he says nodding, "I think Pride and Prejudice was my favourite", he told me which took me by surprise but I could help but smile at the fact there is a hidden romantic behind all the brains.

"I have a deep love for that book", I say, I read it when I was nine and was shocked that Spence had never so I basically forced him to get it when I learnt that he hadn't.

"I can understand why, it's very appealing", she said, "you've gotta love the good all English drama". I burst out laughing never expecting him to say anything like that, he's a lot goofier than I would have expected. We spent the next 20 minutes talking about the books that he read before we decided to get to watching the films before it got too late since we had work in the morning.

"Since you blessed me with your cooking I thought I should only return the favour with my iconic dish", he said and cleared his throat dramatically as he walked up to the kitchen island and I sat staring at him, my legs crossed on the sofa, "Grilled Cheese".

"Yayy", I say clapping and we both laughed. I stood up to help him make the sandwiches and as we were preparing the difficult meal my hand brushed against him and my stomach did about a thousand flips. I looked at him for a second and his cheeks were red as I imagined mine were, we didn't say anything but we both paused for a brief moment before continuing. There was something in me that felt the urge hold his hand, hug him, kiss him even and it had to be with the worst person; someone I had only met a week ago and was my coworker. I distracted my mind I put on some music. The beginning of Sunflower Vol. 6 began and I saw Spence smile in the corner of my eye. As I sand and lightly bounced along I realised it was probably not the best song to play to get kissing Reid of my minds because kissing in the kitchen like it's a dance floor, was all I really wanted to do. As the song came to an end I could help but join in with Harry's boops. As I sang along Reid looked at me and smiled wider with every boop and I mirrored him until the smile turned into laughter and I sang through my laughter.