Everybody Talks

Y/N pov

Reid's movements woke me up before the sound of the phone registered in my brain. I feel the cold on my back from where his hand must've been placed all night. I blink my eyes a few times before my eyes adjust to the dark and I see Reid sat up against the headboard, his phone against his ear.

"Hello", he grumbles, his morning voice making his tone more gravelly than usual. "Yeah, this is Dr Reid speaking... Oh, you've got to be kidding me", I sit up a bit more at his words wondering what happened. "No, I will not. Have a good day". He hangs up the phone and chucks it on the side table with a sigh.

"Wha-what's wrong, is it the case?", I ask and Reid looks down at me quickly, not noticing that I had woken up.

"No, it's fine you can go back to sleep. It was just some journalist looking for details on the case".

"Oh god, what time is it?", I ask.

"4:36", he glances down at the phone and I let out a loud sigh, shoving my face back into the pillow.

"Don't these people have lives?".

"Clearly not", he mutters before shuffling out from under the duvet.

"Wait, where are you going? I thought we didn't have the case", I lift my head to look at him and he flashes me a small smile.

"We don't but I'm going back to my room before everyone is up and we are walking out of the room together", he explains whilst he puts his jumper back on.

"Oh", I state. Suddenly all this sneaking around was not so fun, I just wanted him to stay with me.

"Just try to go back to sleep, you won't even notice the time pass. Here". He lightly takes my hands and places something in them. I give him a confused look, retracting my hand back towards me. I see my earphones are already plugged into my phone and I glance wondering how I managed to find someone like him. "Don't have the volume turned up too loud, remember. No louder than 85 decibels".

I laugh tiredly and nod my head, "Got it, thank you".

"See you soon", he leans down placing a small kiss on my forehead.

"See ya", I reply with a smile and as he tries to step away, I grab his hand and he looks at me confused. "Promise to try and get some more sleep too".

"Promise", he says, squeezing my hand softly. I let go and watched him walk away before slipping my headphones in. Now that I was awake I didn't think that I would be able to go back to sleep, not now that I could see the space where Reid should be but before I even knew it was woken up by a call from Hotch and my way to the new crime scene.

"The unsub crushed Chelsea's throat so she couldn't scream, then he pulverised her ribs, sending fragments of bone into her heart", Reid says as he, Hotch and I step under the tape into the motel room.

"Jesus", I mutter under my breath. "Whoever this guy is has a huge amount of rage behind him".

"Principal Givens was high profile. Chelsea wasn't. The only thing connecting them right now is the list and the amount of overkill on", Hotch states looking sternly across the room.

"A list that Brandon kept secret for 10 years", Reid says. "But he was in custody when this happened".

"And unless someone else got the exact same list, we are definitely looking at the partner", I say and Hotch looks at me with a sharp nod.

"We need to give the profile"

– – –

"Partners of dominant psychopaths are usually submissive, but that doesn't mean that they can't be intelligent", Hotch begins once the Boise police had gathered into the bullpen.