It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Y/n's PoV
"Are you excited?", I ask Morgan who's currently sat on my desk, preventing me from doing any of my work.

"No", he chuckles and I give him a glare.

"He might not be but I am", Garcia beams at us, "I love secret santa. I love all the mystery; who's gonna get you and who are you gonna get"

"It's all fun and games until you end up getting Hotch", Morgan says picking up my little snowman stress ball and tossing it up in the air. "Then what do you do?"

"There are loads of things you can get him", Garcia tells him.

"Like?"

There was a beat of silence where we all raked our brains for something you could get Hotch but nobody said anything.

"Exactly, my point is proven", he said with a smug smirk on his face.

"Well you could always get him a tie", Reid piped up from his desk which is opposite mine, I smiled and lazily pointed my finger at him.

"See? That's a good idea", I say and Derek just scoffs.

"We're ready", JJ says in a sing song voice as she walks towards our desks. In her hand a box that's she shakes and I can hear the small pieces of paper rattle.

I stand up and clap my hands excitedly and I move to JJ as we make our way to the round table. I hear Reid's familiar footsteps as he runs to catch up with us.

"Did you know", Reid leans into me, "Secret Santa is a traditionally western tradition. It is thought that the philanthropist, Larry Dean Stewart, came up with the idea of giving mystery gifts during the holiday season. In fact, Stewart anonymously donated $100 bills to people in the state of Kansas. He also donated $25,000 to people in New York after the 9/11 terrorist attacks and did not reveal his identity till many years after. However, some claim that this tradition originally hails from Scandinavia. Although no one is really sure of the exact origins, it is celebrated all over the world." Once he was finished I looked up at him and he had a wide smile spread across his face.

"No, I didn't know that", I laugh and push him lightly forward through the door frame. Hotch and Rossi were already sat down when we filed through the door.

"Are we excited for Christmas this year children?", Rossi jokes as we all sit down.

"Okay, so we all know the rules of Secret Santa, yes?", JJ asks and there was a general hum of agreement. "Well I don't trust y'all so I'm going to explain them to you anyway. Everyone picks out a name, if you get your name you put it back. No buying yourself a gift...I'm looking at you Morgan. Once you have your person you can't tell anyone"

"Garcia", Reid hides in a cough and everyone laughs. Garcia goes to protest but JJ beats her to it.

"Actually I was thinking more about you and Y/n", my face goes bright red. "I don't think you guys can keep it from each other"

She's right, I'm terrible at secrets.

"Moving on, everyone has until December 21st to have the presents in okay? Now everyone take a name"

Morgan is the first one to lean forward and pick a name, I watch him as he reads it and I can see his jaw clench slightly and I immediately know who he has and I have to suppress my laughter.

Spence goes next and I try to guess who he has from his reaction but I can't tell and then it's me. I pull out the piece of paper and peer at it quickly.

Garcia

Easy. I was happy, the only times that I've done secret Santa was back in high school and I'd always get the homophobic prick of the year group and because I was younger than everyone else their I'd always get something "funny". My favourite, a box of condoms because to quote the note that came with it 'You'll need them when you finally get tits'. Yet I always was excited for when the next year came around.