Chapter 25

Writer's POV

The air was still. As soon as Tanvi told everything, Rohan fell silent. It felt like he was hallucinating or misheard.

"Nice jo-joke, Tan. I won't fall for it," Rohan Sarthak said slowly, just wishing it was prank she played on him.

Tanvi gasped, regretting saying all of it to him. She knew one day she would have to confess, and he would react this way. And that day was today. She had to clear all the misunderstandings so that both could be peaceful again.

"It's the truth.....I am sorry for everything," Tanvi said, sobbing.

Rohan didn't know what to say. He felt like the world around him got shattered. That means all the talks, jokes, confessions, and feelings meant nothing? Was I just a wrong number to her? Just a wrong person? he thought.

He waited for her to talk. He wanted her to say it was just a joke and shouldn't be taking it seriously, but he remembered how things changed ever since she wished him assuming it was his birthday. He never had a proper and normal conversation after that. All the time, she had been ignoring him like he had pestered her to do long ago.

Even Tanvi was waiting for him to talk. She expected him to lash out at her, but this calmness was suffocating her even more.

"Rohan...." Tanvi called for him slowly.

"I want to meet you. Let's meet," Rohan said it very deeply. He had processed everything she said, almost, but once, he wants to meet her. He wanted to clear the air face to face.

On the other hand, Tanvi was scared listening to this. Ever since she got to know the truth, she started to treat him like a stranger, and now meeting him was something she didn't wish to do. She just wanted to end everything. Certainly, not happily, but she was too afraid to face him.

"No, I mean... I am sorry for all these things. Let's end this like this. We don't know each other anyway. I assumed you were someone else, but you're not the one, and you don't know me from first so..." before she could complete her sentence, he cut her off, "I know you, TANVI. I ******* know you even if you don't know me. So, I want us to meet. Let's meet at school tomorrow. "

Tanvi stopped breathing for a while. He knew me. He knew her name. She remained motionless for a minute. Her mental strength was weakening every minute because of the the number of facts she was listening every moment. Now she know that apart from her, everyone had been living in the real world while she was living in her own fantasy world.

She didn't know what to do. So, she immediately disconnected the call. For now, that's the only thought that popping in her mind, and she took the step. She even switched the phone off and stayed still between all the mess she had created in the room.

Earlier, she thought she would feel better after telling him the truth, but now, she was feeling even more burdened and guilty. Then Samyuktha's words rang in her ears, 'Only if you had approached him directly'. It was a fact. Everything was indeed her fault, because of her stupid idea and her senseless feelings, all of this happened. With all these thoughts, Tanvi started hating herself more then ever.

On the contrary, Rohan Sarthak was feeling nothing, not even anger. Even after Tanvi ended the call, he was still holding it close to his ear, clutching it so tight that his knuckles turned white. What was happening in his life? he asked himself. He was still dazed by her revelations.

Everything was good till she called him, but everything changed the moment she uttered those life shattering words, and he was broken like a piece of glass. Rohan tried reaching out to her again. He knew she must have also gotten scared. Even he didn't know what he wanted to say to her. She clearly told him that she wanted to end everything. Did that mean this one month's worth of talks meant nothing to her?