Chapter 6

Tanvi's POV:

The entire night I cursed myself. Why did I tell him everything in such an expeditious fashion? Firstly, I should have warmed up to him, let him know what I am like. But no! I had to confess my feelings right away. I Pity Myself.

I was on my way to Sam's house. We accompany each other when going to and from school. I needed to tell her about the entire drama that happened yesterday. I had tried calling her after my conversation with Rohan, but she hadn't answered my call. 

The whole night, I couldn't get an ounce of sleep. I just laid on the bed, reflecting on my actions and words. I did regret it. After the call, I went out to have my dinner with my parents. They  asked about my well-being and were immersed in their own chatter later.

Every time, I used to get bored of listening to them, but yesterday, I paid the least attention to them since I was absorbed in my own train of thoughts. I must have made him uncomfortable. So, I would have to assure him that I mean no harm and I am a good person.

I had gone to my room and texted him that I wouldn't disturb him unnecessarily. A pair of blue ticks did appear, but there was no reply from his side. I thought of messaging him again, but I buried my own mental peace. And, well, for him too.

I was standing at the entrance of Sam's home. We are both comfortable at each other's place, so it's not like anybody needs to invite me in. I can barge in at any point in time. I parked my cycle outside and directly made my way into her house. 

I saw her eating her breakfast, but she was still not ready. Her hair was tousled and unruly.

"Come in, Tanvi," Sam's mom invited me cheerfully.

"Yes, Aunty," I said and sat beside Sam. I smiled at uncle when I saw him smiling at me. 

"See, Samyuktha? Learn from Tanvi. She is ready, and you still are not done with your hair," Aunty said.

Sam turned to me and raised an eyebrow at me. Well, I could only chuckle in awkwardness. For a moment, I didn't know what to do. I guess parents will never be satisfied with their kids. They always compare them with others.

I decided to somehow change the topic before Aunty would start elaborating on the same topic.

"Actually, Aunty, I didn't had my breakfast today. I packed it, that's why I am early," I said, trying to make an excuse for Sam and me. That was a white lie, though. I had my bread and jam.

"Oh, really? Then wait here. I'll pack for your friend too so that you two can leave now and eat together. It's already getting late. Samyuktha, go and tie your hair. In the meantime, even I will get ready," Aunty said.

I ruined it again. Why did I even open my mouth? Sam's mom literally took the dosa plate from her and started packing them in a box. I looked at Sam, who was unamused at her mom, and left to her room.

I excused myself and followed her. She was sitting near the dressing table, combing her hair. I closed the door from behind before going to her.

"I am sorry," I said her and hugged her.

"Relax, the chutney is not nice at all. I was about to leave it anyway, you just pushed yourself in between," she said hugging me. Thank God! She was not mad at me. Well, if I were in her position, I would have scolded her and be very angry for ruining my breakfast, but she couldn't care less about it.

"So, prepared for test?" I asked her, freeing her from my hug.

"Well, to an extent. But I have my full confidence in you, Tan," she said and smirked at me, which meant I must help her with the test. Well, I have always been doing this not only with her but also with all my classmates who would be sitting beside me during the classroom tests and exams. I was habituated to it.

"Ok, I'll take care of it, but listen to the whole story I am about to say. And please be patient," I said plopping on her bed and she is still doing her hair while she was still combing her hair and looking at me in the mirror's reflection.

When she nodded to me, signalling to start, I narrated my whole conversation with Rohan to Sam and Sam reacted to the whole story as if she was listening to the script of movie story with many twists and turns.

"So, you confessed to him that you like him? Again?," she said after listening to me intently. She was a bit startled by my rapid confession.

"Yeah, I mean, he was not listening to me. So, I thought this statement would create some curiosity in his mind."

"You are such an idiot, Tan," she said in annoyance.

"Okay, we will talk furthermore after we reach home in the afternoon," I said. Since, it was a Saturday, it was a half day for us.

We began our ride onward and reached school on time, going straight to our classroom. On our way, my eyes searched for him, but he was nowhere to be found.

As soon as we entered the class, I saw everyone getting ready for the test. Well, our Physics teacher literally blackmailed us, saying that our internal marks would be dependent on this test, and everyone was quite scared.

Sam and I reached our desks and started to take our books out to revise the modules. We had our test in second period, and it would be for an hour. Of course, I would score pretty well, but I didn't want to be over confident.

I was going through everything when suddenly, someone came before me and stood there, crossing his arms in front of his chest. I looked up and saw my so called enemy, my competitor, Mr Second Ranker. Well, that's the name I gave him, because I always stand first.

He is an intelligent boy, but he is always jealous of me. And now he was standing there, smirking at me.

"Prepared?" he asked me sarcastically. He wanted to distract me now. Disgusting.

"Very well," I said and smiled, crossing my arms too. I looked straight into his eyes, and I can see jealousy in them.

"Be prepared to get lesser marks in today's test, 'Topper' , " he said in a mocking manner.

All I could do was to give him a broad smile. He saw that smile and left the place. I was feeling very competitive after the run-in, and I had to score more marks than him. I absolutely had to.

Finally, our classes commenced, and we gave the test too. I performed pretty well and helped all the people around me. Our ma'am said she would give us the results on Monday, so it is suspense till then regarding who scored more marks.

Then, at 12 pm, the bell rang, and as usual, I waited for Sam at our parking place sitting on my cycle. I was waiting for her when I saw Rohan reaching his car. He comes and goes in the care only(quite rich). I watched him keenly. He seemed very tired and dejected, as though he didn't had any sleep. I wonder whether he slept yesterday or not. And then, he got into his car hurried out the campus.

I turned my gaze away from him and saw Sam coming to me.

"Tan, you leave. I have practice. Coach said that there is an inter school tournament in January. So I have to practice, yaar," she said.

"But you didn't even eat your tiffin fully. Will you be able to practice now?" I asked her worriedly.

She nodded and bid bye before leaving towards the ground. Even I began my ride back to home. Throughout the journey, I thought about Sam about how hard she works. She loves to run and is the fastest runner in our school. That is the reason why all our teachers ask her to bring the required things from the office room and from other sections as well. She can sprint in a jiffy. But she never complains about anything, not even when her mom praises me more than her. She is such a darling.

So, first time I wrote more than 1300 words 🥳.

Hope you like the chapter.

Hope I reminded you about your classroom test scenarios and fun.

Please Vote and Comment and Share your classroom test experiences.

Thankyou.