Chapter 46

I laughed hard when many of you called Sarthak idiot, lock them in a room and readers will run behind them. It's always fun to read your comments and I thoroughly enjoy all of them. It shows how much you are involved with the characters. Thank you so much for those lovely and funny comments. 

Hope to see more in these last two chapters too. 

Happy Reading.

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

Home.

Suddenly, this term and place seem like home now. I have always called this place a house and treated it merely like an inn for few days, as I hated this place. But when I am finally able to find peace here, I am unable to think of it as a normal stay. 

Who said boys and men are strong and will always be strong? The one who says that must be a stone-hearted person themselves. Right now, I feel so emotionally weak, and I want break down in my loved one arms and cry. 

That is one reason why I left everything and ran here like a coward. I wonder whether Ajay found that note. Otherwise he would be worried. I hid it in his cupboard under his clothes when I could have simply keep it somewhere visible to him.

My phone vibrated, and it was a message from him. 

'Text me after you reach there.'

The message brought a small smile to my face. I replied to him that had reached home. Then, I went ahead to open the gate. I didn't tell my Dad that I was coming. I hope he won't be busy today and will be with me. I badly need him. 

It was just 7 at the morning and the newspaper, as well as the milk packet, was still lying outside the door. I crouched down to pick them up. Before I could pick them and knock on the door, dad opened the door. 

"Who are you?" asked Dad, as my head was still bowed down. I slowly stood up and faced him. He was beyond astonished to see me. His face tells it all. It had been three months since I had visited him face to face. We conversed through normal calls, and at times video calls, but the personal touch is always the same. 

Perhaps it was because I was seeing him after so many months, but looked pale all of a sudden. I couldn't smile seeing him that way.

"Sarthak? When did you come?" he asked me with utter shock. 

"Just now," I replied shortly. He looked at me suspiciously and I am sure he must have found out that I messed up something big. 

"Can I enter?" I said.

He moved aside, letting me in. The house looked like a mini haunted house. Spider web all over the roof, no covers on the sofas, and the floor full of dust.

"You are living in this mess?" I was shocked at the state of the house 

"Maid has not been coming from last three days," he said while I was still looking at the mess. At least my hostel dorm is cleaner and neater than this. 

"But now you are here," he finished his sentence. I am in a mess already and now I have to clean this mess too? Great! I thought and facepalmed myself. F*** with my emotions now. Nothing to do except cleaning at the moment.

****

"So, all this happened?" Dad said after we cleaned all the mess.

I took my time to tell him everything. It took us four hours to clean and arrange everything and then refresh ourselves again. 

Once we finished everything he asked me about the reason behind my sudden arrival, and I couldn't hold back anymore. I told him everything, narrating the events since the day Tanvi came to my college, to my life, and how I learnt the truth through Ajay, and how her friend told me the story on her side and everything. I didn't hide anything with him because if I hide things from him then that means am hiding from myself too.