Chapter 1

One week before getting(stealing) the number.

Tanvi's POV:

I was sitting on my bench, rechecking my physics assignment. It was the day to submit the assignments, and I knew that the day would be extended because many didn't complete their work. It was lunch break, and in the next period, we have submit our assignment. I always submitted my work first so that I wouldn't have any tension later, and of course, if I didn't submit my assignment on the very 1st day of submission, my teachers pestered me all day because that was the kind of image they have about me.

Suddenly, Sam came to me. She must have rushed to reach me as she was slightly out of breath at the moment.

"You said you would sleep in the emergency room saying you are sick and will miss the class. So, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I was waiting there until I received a fresh piece of gossip, and that's it I came running to you," said Sam.

"I wonder what it is."

"What will I get if I share it with you?" asked Sam.

I looked at her, perplexed. What happened that she wanted to tell me this badly, yet was resisting herself so much?

"Okay tell me what it is about. If that grabs my interest, I'll do anything you say."

"It is about Rohan," she said.

That was it. That hint was enough for me to do anything she says to find out what happened. I looked at her intently. She is smirking at me and understood my curiosity. Now I have to plead her to complete the full news.

"Okay I'll do anything. Tell me what's the rumor or gossip?" I asked her very seriously.

"First, I want you to write my assignment by tomorrow.."

"What" I cut her off, "It took 10 days for me to complete the whole assignment, and you haven't even started your work. How can I complete it by tomorrow. Get lost," I said angrily. She always made me do her pending work that too at the last moment.

"Okay, I'll do my assignment but you must help me. Done?" she said. 

Actually, it was an order and the only way for me. Well, she knew many seniors and was always aware of all kinds of news and gossips running around. Even the news from principal's office reached her first as her mom was teacher in our school.

"Okay, fine. I'll help."

"So the breaking news is...."

The bell rang, and the lunch break was over. I cursed the bell for blaring at such a moment. Then, she remembered that it was the time to submit the assignment, and she wanted to rush back because our teacher would literally degrade her by saying, 'Being a teacher's child, how could you be so irresponsible?' And she hated that dialog the most.

"Okay I'll tell you later while going home. Bye," she said and went off to the emergency room. Most of our classmates were there, and our ma'am couldn't actually do anything.

"Rohan broke up with his girlfriend. Now he is single and a little depressed, it seems," she blurted out.

Finally, our school was over and we were sitting on our cycles. We usually waited until the traffic cleared in front of our school and then left late. Till then, we talked about all the things that happened that particular day. And that day, as soon as the news of breakup came out of her mouth, I felt like I am on cloud nine. I cannot explain what it felt like. I must be a sadist for feeling happy after listening to the news of someone's had breakup.

"Are you serious?" I asked her. I want to reconfirm it again.

"Yeah, thank me, Tan." Well, she calls me Tan. "I went to emergency room today, and I met one of his classmate. He told me the news. I was shocked too, but you know this happened 2 days ago, and I found out today," she said sadly.

I am too happy to speak. Somewhere deep down, I still liked him even after he rejected me, and maybe we are destined to be together or something. Actually, we came across one another at last year's Independence day function. He was nice to me and treated me well, and I guess that's when I felt he was special .

"So, what are you going to do?" Sam shouted at me and bought me out of from my thoughts.

"Well something is cooking in my head , so let's execute it after we finish your assignment," I smirked at her.

She, too, smirked at me, acting as if she understood something, but I had to explain it to her at least two times again, and then we went ahead to do it properly.

Hope my work is getting better and am liked by all the readers.

Please be patient because I will publish my work quite slowly. Only after I feel like this is perfect I will publish it.

Please Like, Share and Vote.

Thank you.