Chapter 22

A small note. I feel like there are many silent readers who are reading the story but are neither voting nor commenting. I know I cannot force you to vote against your wish because, at times I don't vote for other's work too(am feeling ashamed confessing this). But I have one request. Please don't leave the book in middle. Continue reading till the end. Then come to a conclusion whether you liked or not and post me your opinion. Thankyou.

Writer's POV:

Tanvi was all alone in her room, lying on her bed, feeling nothing. All the emotions she experienced in the morning were suddenly gone, only to be replaced with a strange emptiness, a numbness. She was unable to fathom what she should do next. The call she had placed to Rohan(her crush) was still playing in her mind.

A Few hours before

Why did Sam call Rohan? This question crossed her mind along with so many other doubts.

"Let's call him and ask him," she muttered to herself.

But was terrified. What would she ask him? What he would ask her, and what would she say to him? Why did she call him? So many things had already gone wrong. What could be worse than this? 

She took a deep sigh and dialed his number anyway.

"Hello" the voice from other side greeted her after a few rings. 

All her courage fell behind as soon as she heard his voice. It was not the same voice that she had been listening to and talking to all these days. Tears filled in her eyes, which were ready to leak any moment, but she controlled them very hardly and tried to speak.

"Hello, Rohan. Tanvi here," she said with great difficulty as a huge lump formed in her throat. She was prepared to say all this and introduce herself to the unknown person in yesterday's video call, but look at the fate!

"Hi, Tanvi. How are you?" he asked enthusiastically.

"Good. By the way, Happy birthday," she mumbled, not letting him know about her sniffles.

"Thank you," he said.

"I want to ask you something, Rohan," she said firmly wanting to know what happened. Why she was in this situation? 

"Yeah. Ask me," he said sounding a bit perplexed.

"Did Samyuktha, my friend, talk to you anytime lately?" Now she was no longer crying. Rather she was very intrigued, and there was a grim intonation in her reflection.

"Your friend...that racer?" 

"Yes." she said.

"Yeah, she talked to me. Somewhat like a month before or so ago," he said, remembering the strange call.

"What did she say?" Tanvi asked him. At that time, she and Samyuktha were not talking to each other, so what did she talk to him.

"Well, Tanvi, the conversation was very strange. She asked me whether you were talking to me or did any girl call me saying 'she likes me' and all that." 

What was he saying? Did Sam really say all this to him? How could she? The only person with whom she shared everything had taken advantage of her blind trust in Sam.

"What did you say to her?" she merely whispered. Nothing was coming out from mouth.

"I said I didn't get any such call, and you didn't call me. Then she asked me to inform her if I ever get any such calls or messages, but nothing as such happened. Actually, I wanted to ask you about her, but I forgot. Do you know why she told me all those things?" he asked her.