Chapter 13

Tanvi's POV:

Within two minutes, a new year will begin, but with the same old life. There's no one to wish me. Though I want to wish some people, they are not ready to accept my wishes.

In these past few days, I understood how unwanted I am. My parents left to their business trip, leaving me alone, and my friend left me by being close to me.

These past two days were the worst days in my life. I had never felt more left out before. The fact that my best friend was ignoring me has been disturbing me even more. The following day, when I had reached her home, she already left for school without me. Then when I went to our class, she switched her seat to sit at a far place than our previous seats. That hurt me terribly. I tried my level best to talk to her, but she didn't pay any heed to my efforts.

It's not like we never fought before. We have fought many times and for even bigger reasons, but we always sorted them out by talking to each other. I believe, in any situation, talking your heart out truthfully is the best way to settle the issue. Right now, nothing is working between us. The whole day passed, with all my attempts to ease the misunderstandings between us, but all of it was in vain.

Still, I went to their home in evening, hoping that she might ask me to stay with her, but to my utter dismay, she was not at home, and aunty didn't know that I am alone in home. For some reason, even I didn't say anything to her and left the place. It's not like my parents would get to know about this.

At night, my parents called me, and we talked for 15 minutes, which is a lot of time according me. At least they spoke with me. They asked me about Sam and her parents, and I lied to them, stating that they were busy and all. Thank God they didn't video call me. The next day wasn't any better, apart from the fact that I didn't try to talk to Sam. Now, even I am angry with her and will not talk to her until she takes the first step.

Now, It's already 10 minutes past midnight, and I said previously, it's a new year but with the same old life. I tried reaching out to my parents, but they weren't answering my call. I wanted to call Sam, but I wished she would call me 1st, so I was waiting for her call. Every year, we used to celebrate together by cutting a cake and having our own cake smash, dancing all night, but look at us now! We waiting for each other's call.

My phone was flooded with many wishes from many people, and I only waited for my parents wishes and Sam' too. Finally, I messaged to Mom and Sam and awaited their replies. Sitting on my bed, I did nothing but wait.

Half n hour passed, but no replies reached me. All I got was some random forwarded messages from some cousins, and there were messages in our class WhatsApp group apart from some random posts in Instagram. That was it. I lost my hope and flung my phone aside, letting sleep take over me.

Don't know when and how, but tears began leaking from my eyes. I wanted my mind to drift away from all the thoughts, but many memories were popping up in my mind, not letting me be at peace. At that time, I heard a notification from my phone. I instantly sat up on the bed and reached out to my phone. Somewhere in my heart, I already confirmed that it was Sam and prepared to lash out at her again, but the message was from the most unexpected person.

Rohan.

Rohan wished me?

I mean! seriously, Rohan wished me? 

I completely forgotten about him in these few days after I decided not to disturb him again. But look here, he wished me. I was just looking at it in the notifications bar, so he didn't get the blue ticks. He must have send it to me by mistaken because last time when we interacted he kept some condition so that I would not bother him, and now he is messaging me. But I remembered Sam's words and decided not to disturb him.